1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dilla's Challenge #1 - HP/Burn Notice Cross

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Dilla, May 22, 2010.

1. Dilla

Dilla Seventh Year

Summary: Harry Potter gets 'burned', now he has to find why he was burned and who burned him.

. . .That's basically it, to be honest. Very broad, I know. There aren't any HP/Burn Notice fics on FF.net and I'm very surprised at that fact, so I'm desperate for any half-decent attempt. If I had storytelling ability or had any enjoyment in writing whatsoever, I probably would have attempted this myself a long time ago.

---------------------------------------------------

So I suppose if you want to be linear with the characters then:

Michael Westen --> Harry Potter

Fiona --> [Insert your preferred action girl here, I don't really care]

Sam --> Basically the same as Fiona, Neville or Ron would make the most sense but it depends how different the world is, a slightly AU canon continuation or a super AU story where everything is different.

Beyond that. . .

Madeline Westen --> Again, I don't care if it's a canon continuation or something totally different, so Lily Potter is fair game to me. Hell, Hermione could easily fit the bill, she's a nagger.

Nate --> Ron; pretty much the only logical choice, you could have an OC bro but that rarely works well. This character is generally unimportant, so you could just eliminate it all together even.

------------------------------------------

Other than that, I don't really care what is done.

What Harry was doing to be 'burned' in the first place? Don't care.

The roles of Voldemort, Dumbledore, the other Weasley's, etc., if any? Don't care. Do what you want with them.

I actually recall seeing someone here post about making a HP/BN cross a couple of years ago when I was a lurker (can't find it) and received a positive reaction. However, it never went down for some reason, so I'm hoping that with the 4th season premiering in 10 days that someone will be re-inspired.

2. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

There you go.

I can't imagine a working HP/BN cross that's not a crackfic and crackfics fail by definition.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

What you're looking for isn't a crossover, its a fusion. And that will always suck.

Now maybe if you had something like;

X years after Voldemort gets offed, Harry's gone off to do his own shit afterward, spends a few months 'plowing fields' before he ditches England to backpack across Europe and Asian or something similar.

Eleven or twelve or so years afterward, Someone needs to find him, leads point to Miami... Maybe he knocked up Parvati or Lavender or someone and they're on the decline health wise or they went and kicked the bucket.

Could be he's an information dealer or arms merchant now... Something that isn't the regular nine to five because it all bored him... While trying to get into contact, they piss off the wrong people... etc...

Then I might be willing to read it. But what you detailed... is pretty shitty, to be honest. Go and rethink it.