1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Discordant by Heather Sinclair - T - HP / StarWars

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by fash, Jan 27, 2014.

1. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Title: Discordant
    Author: Heather Sinclair
    Rating: T
    Pairings: None
    Summary: It wasn't the bright and shiny Jewel of the Galaxy you've all seen on the HoloNet. Harry's story started in the Underworld, a kilometer below the upper levels of Coruscant, where you never walk the streets alone, especially if you don't have a blaster hanging by your side. He left for a little while, but now it's called him back, whether he realizes it or not.

FFN Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10016768/1/Discordant
    WBA Link: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=25398&highlight=discordant

Didn't see this in the library! Been following the WBA thread and its moving along nicely. Easily the best star wars cross Ive read... properly the only good one when I think about it.

5/5

edit* fixed links

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  2. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

This fic has one of the best Palpatines I have ever read. The fic gets 5/5 from me.

3. Russano

Russano Disappeared

Easy 5/5 despite the minor quibbles in the WBA.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Despite the WBA thread going on for a while, the story is actually pretty short still.

It's too early, I say. Wait until it is twice as big as it is now, and wait to see if Heather burns herself out, before judging.

5. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

LOL, fuck you. :)

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Don't even go there. I have evidence.

7. BadManners

BadManners DA Member DLP Supporter

This.
    It's six fucking chapters in, 7 counting WBA.

8. Russano

Russano Disappeared

It's over 35k words. Thats more than some of the stuff in the library. Couple that with Heather not showing any signs of stopping (yet :p) means I have no trouble putting it in.

9. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Really liked it. Asajj and Harry are excelent characters, but Palpatine really shines through. A 4.5, up to 5 because i have high expectations of this.

10. Stormey

Stormey Groundskeeper

5/5. Really hoping this gets completed, because its just too good. :)

11. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

It's not just the word count though. Plot wise, we're pretty early on in. We've only really seen the basic concept of the story, but not much of the plot. That's usually where fanfics start struggling so we'll see how it goes.

It's doing pretty well so far though at a 4/5 kind of level. Definitely don't think it deserves 5/5 though (I mean, as fun as this is, it's not really on the same level as say, Son of Suns Trilogy or many of the other 5/5 stuff we have here).

12. CleanRag

CleanRag Professor

4/5 It may be a bit premature to put up for review, but I seriously doubt that Heather is going to fuck this one up down the line. It just keeps getting better and I don't see a make or break it scene in the future to wait for.

13. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I do agree though with the 4/5. It's hard to rate anything 5/5 when a deeper plot hasn't been shown. But technical writing, characters, are all top notch. Very easy to move up to 5/5, but it's not quite there yet.

14. Photon

Photon Order Member

I am unsure how I should rate it. It is really to early to post it for review.

15. ibskib

ibskib Second Year

Although it is pretty early to review I've found the story an enjoyable read so far and the writing quite polished.
    After reading The Havok Side of the Force, I was hankering for some more decent HP/SW, which seems like a rarity, luckily Heather delivered.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  16. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

That was rather good. Solid writing style, as well as interesting characters means that I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of this. The little bits of humor thrown in due to Harry's point of view are always amusing as well.

4/5

17. johnnyhammer

johnnyhammer Muggle

I love this story so far. I hope that you continue to update it regularly. This is definitely one of the best harry in space stories that hasn't made me groan with useless sideplots as to how he actually got there in thr first place. The best part so far is him reflectimg back on his life and realizing he was too emo to do anything about voldemort quickly. Keep it up Heather Sinclair! 5/5 from me.

18. OneSimpleIdea

OneSimpleIdea Second Year

Biased because I love Star Wars, but I still haven't read anything that has got me this interested in a while. 4.5/5