1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

DLP gets Fit(ter) 2018

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Jjf88, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Headmaster

The lifting is still going strong and I'm loving it. Interesting side benefit is that my overall fitness seems to have increased as well. I usually run one mile on the treadmill to warm up for the strength part (and do that 3x/week). At the start I could barely run 2 minutes without having to switch to walking. Three months later and I've gone from a 16 minute mile alternating running and walking, to a 10 minute mile of pure running.

A few weeks ago I started doing some cardio separate from lifting and yesterday I ran 30 minutes without pausing for the first time. I've got to say, I'm in the best shape of my life right now. I really enjoy being able to just run without feeling like shit.

My time in Canada is coming to an end. I'll def sign up for a gym once I'm back in Germany though. I think I'm starting to see slight improvements in the mirror as well.

All around good feeling. And I'm starting to feel a bit lazy on my off days.

2. Collinsworth

Collinsworth Second Year

High Score:
    @Eilyfe, if you're doing a cardio routine like running for thirty minutes straight, I would recommend that you do cardio after lifting instead of using it as a warm-up. This way, you use your glycogen stores while lifting (better muscular explosion and continuous strength) and after that, as the glycogen is depleted, cardio will have a better effect at burning fat.

3. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Headmaster

Slight misunderstanding. I only run a mile to warm up for lifting. I do that on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Three weeks ago I started going to the gym on Saturday too, making that my cardio day. That's where I did the thirty minutes.