1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP Library C2

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Halt, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Originally arising from discussion in the Make DLP Great Again Thread.

I took a few hours to compile all the stories in the Other Fandoms DLP Library and put up a Fanfiction Community for this. Stories which didn't have FFN links (either because it's hosted primarily elsewhere, or have dead links) have been logged in a Google Excel Spreadsheet until I figure out what I want to do with them.

This accounts for all non-HP library story threads created before 2018 July 30.

Unlike enembee's lovechild, I didn't curate this for quality like he did. As long as it's in the library, it gets in. (Which may mean quality of stories in this C2 varies, especially for those stories added very early on).

That may change in the future depending on how the discussion on DLP's strategy moving forward for these C2s develop.

2. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

So I'm back from a four day retreat, and (unsurprisingly) I was thinking about DLP (partially anyway) during that time.

One thing that occurs to me about this Other Fandoms C2 is that there was no curation for quality. Ultimately, I now believe that to be a mistake. While I'm not advocating for as high a standard as enembee did with the HP C2 - mostly because other fandoms have less quality material - I do believe a more lax version should be applied. Mostly I'm concerned with stories that got in because one or two people replied / voted and then poof.

That, to me, is not representative of what DLP considers quality.

So what I'm proposing:
    1) Rating >4.0 (in comparison, enembee's >4.5)
    2) 3 or more replies (enembee did not put in any reply)
    3) 5 or more votes (in comparison, enembee's 10 or more votes)

A second, and perhaps more problematic, thing is that FFN C2's have no way to sort fandoms. This makes all the stories currently in the community cluttered, and not at all user friendly. Not sure if there's a way to get around this.

@Sauce Bauss @enembee @Zombie

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I'm in agreement. There is no easy way to sort other than having a c2 for each Fandom and most don't have enough fics to warrant that.