1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP's History

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eXcalite, Aug 30, 2008.

1. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

Yeah, I was wondering how and when did DLP come to be? I understand that it was Lord Ravenclaw who founded it or am I wrong here?

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Heh about once a year this topic gets brough up, everytime someone suggests we write a history of DLP, no one ever does.

3. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Zev actually founded it.

4. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yah, I'm not exactly sure what you want to know, or if I could even help you, but if you click on member list then join date you can see who the first people here were.

5. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

At least back to the point that it was updated to vBulletin, I don't think you can see before that.

Not sure though.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

7. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

How could we newbies do it when you, Zev, Vash & Co. have been here several years longer than us?

*By "us" meaning anyone who joined after 2007...* You have been here since 2005...

8. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I recall being invited to join a message board that Lord Ravenclaw had made after I reviewed one of his stories. I didn't stay active, though, and eventually stopped going altogether. I've always been curious whether that message board turned into DLP.

Or maybe my memories are really screwed up and that never happened. I'm 70% sure it did, though

9. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

First, there was the internet.

And so the gods did weep.

They sent down Lord Ravenclaw as their missive, the hand that would attempt to purge the internet of HP fanfiction where Harry acted like a gutless wimp and ejaculation-reservoir for Malfoy and Snape.

And he would have succeeded, were it not for Vash.

Thankfully, Shezza is a girl.

The End.

10. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    Chime you got it all wrong.

Once upon a time a tiny gray alien was checking in on our little galaxy. And he saw that are FanFiction was infested with Slash and HP/GW. So he created DLP as a safe haven for us. Then he cloned a piece of his memory and implanted it into three Admins, His sense of justice, His helpfulness, And his, well we still aren't sure what he put in Vash. Now every other year that little alien comes to check up on us, before vanishing amongst the stars once again.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  11. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

You forgot an admin, or two. Look at the forum leaders page at the bottom of the main page.

12. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    Syao joined after everyone else. Xion is a bot, And I was talking about Zev. So no I didn't.

13. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Seventh Year

14. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Timeline of DLP

2005-2006

DLP IRC

2007-

Vash Gate/DLP Drama-

Brings up a lot of shit and gets people in a pissy mood. Shit happened and people were banned. Just don't talk about it.

Where the hatred and rage came to a boil between Vash, Bioplague, and Jbern. Also Gio and Boa had a measuring contest that never quite got finished…or started.

2008-

Raven’s baby. Last bastion for good fics.

A good start to the year. Virail, Nobody, and Marie M are all caught in a torrid e- love affair that produced much lulz for the rest of DLP.

Dresden Section Added

Sree and Nonjon are promoted to Super Moderators. Jon, Kate, Tinn Tam, World, and Xiph0 are given Moderators status.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Seeing as I have been here for about half a year, most of this stuff comes from going through old posts and HoS. Hopefully I was able to get a lot of the major DLP turning points. The 2005-2006 years are basically bare, except for Xiph0's Intro. I didn't look all that hard for anything back then, so it'll probably stay like that unless older members decide to help out on this.​

15. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

haha White Rabbit, good one. But I have a few things that I can add to this. Few really big ones. Will do that when I have the time.

Things to look for PP3 vs DLP, DLP first time awards, DLP awards fall-out, Jbern's Best Writer Throw Down VS Bio and Vash.

The original Ban DLP petition and our subsequent hijacking there-of. Bumrush of ginnypotter.com or w/e the address is. Also things like the Serpent Sorcerer or Scorpion Sorcerer's bitchfest, I'll have to look in the old posts.

Setting up of DLP's own irc channel.

These things are not in order, some I was here for, some I lurked through, some before my time, and some I participated in. Either way, good times.

Edit: Also, the institution of rep being built taken down, put up again and taken down yet again leading us to this post non-rep era the second coming.

16. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

I am the spearhead of everything good (PP3, Potter Law and GP). No mention of Potter Law? Serious miscarriage of rewriting history. I'm like, a central figure in all the good things. Me, me, me!

Also: Thalarian escalated PP3 into the awesomeness with bashing Ishtar and Vash carried my message from the DLP forums to them along with his own, which was the beginning.

As for the first GP raid, it was all Vash and I - Vash had the dick through Jesus head pic and the Jesus dick through baby head pic and I just did random shit on three different aliases. DGD joined in after awhile and got a nice call from his ISP questioning as to why someone with his IP was spamming a children's forum with lewd and disgusting images.

I'm pretty sure GP lead to Yarrgh's loudest protestations and behind the scenes, Darth Sidious-[is taken away in a body bag]. REDACTED. REDACTED. REDACTED. REDACTED. And he sucked REDACTED. Nevermind the fact they were REDACTED.

Sigh. As for the Valentine's Day Massacre, there are no mentions of Dwitbal, #friendsforever, the MasterSlytherin-Nonjon censorship which began the final act or how I basically saved Vash's adminship by trolling as a nice guy for two weeks. Or how Vash trolled as Craven for a few days trying the nice routine as well.

And no mention of how Jon bugged #pirates so everything said there was put into #friendsforever for a solid 36 hours.

But at least someone remembered that Giovanni and Pinkboa made that thread un-fucking-comfortable... fucking christ ;-;.

17. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I figured that would fall under things that changed the writing culture of DLP.

In spirit of that we can add Amerision posting his fem!Harry story that started a movement, Shezza's starting the Harry/Lily pairing and Vash well taking it to its zenith, Nonjon's practical lesson in busting and mocking every alternate dimension traveling genre story, The Office for setting the bar...what am I missing? Dresden Files has already been mentioned in general, only place I contributed I suppose.

o_O Yeah okay, I give you credit for starting the Bring Vashy Back and Sera threads. But the nice guy routine was only instrumental in everyone wholeheartedly agreeing with 'plague' part of your name. I am still scarred from that time, being in irc was impossible, lol.

And as long as we, and by that I mean Bio, is counting feathers in his cap let's not forget the support dlp thread which had hundreds of signatories gushing love for the site. It was the EPIC GHEY MOMENT of DLP. We lost our collective hormonal balance in that thread.

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hm.

Zev creating the DLP theme. That bullshit role-playing shit that several of us trolled to death in the end. Sera and Midknight having a bitch-fight. That 'Guest' who started on Midknight for some reason I can't remember and all of DLP basically posting in that thread within a few hours (not as many members then, but a fuckload of posts).

What else...? Midknight becoming an Admin, while I got promoted to mod. DGD becoming Mod and slapping. Meh.

These are not in order.

Edit: Trident and his various alter-egos being douchebags. Bornagainpenguin creating that archive. Stained Future, enough said.

Edit 2: Midknight tearing HBP to shreds in one hilarious thread.

Edit 3: Jon's emofest when he first joined (IRC) and the cause of his emotional rantings turning up on DLP (IRC). Invading DarkMark's chatroom and meeting some pretty shady people (IRC).

Edit 4: Steph and Spacks. Also includes her nude photos (IRC).

19. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Months and years would be appreciated.

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah. No. [​IMG]