1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Q4 II 2019 Flash Story Competition

Prompt: Magical Fairytales
    Length: 800 - 1.2k
    Get Writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Do you wear shoes in your house?

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Majube, Dec 1, 2019.

?

Do you wear shoes in your home?

1. yes

22.4%
  2. no

77.6%
  1. Majube

Majube High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Got to talking about it in discord, vaguely curious about why people do/whether they would do it if they had carpet in the house. Answer the poll and pls explain if you're a shoe person.

P.S - indoor shoes such as slippers don't count. Crocs also don't count.

2. Microwave

Microwave Groundskeeper

yes but i use separate sandals that i wear only indoors.

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

If I have carpet, no. I have hardwood now so yes. Mopping is a lot more straight forward than steam cleaning a carpet.

4. Utsane

Utsane Fourth Year

When it's cold I wear my indoors-only slippers. My apartment has carpeted floors, so we'd have to vacuum far more often if we wore shoes indoors.

5. Nazgus

Nazgus Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

I wear them now, but no-shoes is a rule I'd love to adopt when I move in somewhere I can control it.

6. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Death Eater DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I have to walk through the hall in my shoes and then I take them off in the front room, alas. Otherwise no, but technical yes. But also, I wear slippers and I think it’s telling that you’d discount them, you Canadian barbarian.

7. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I keep my shoes in my bedroom, so they tend to stay on until I go upstairs (hardwood floor downstairs), simply due to laziness.

8. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Moderator DLP Supporter

I have hardwood. I wear a pair of slip on shoes inside and I keep my daily shoes in the closet. I take them off at the door. Usually let them sit there until I'm not going out again and then put them up at night.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nope. Shoes come off at the door. Barefoot or socks inside. If it was socially acceptable at work, I'd honestly wear sandals all year.

10. Teyrn

Teyrn Auror

Nope, with a few exceptions shoes are off indoors. We have slippers for when the floor is cold/etc.

Only exception for shoes is if you're heading out and need to run grab something and don't have time to take the shoes off and on again.

11. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What sort of barbarian would wear shoes indoors, in their own home?

12. Seratin

Seratin SwoleTroll ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay so I have this argument with my partner quite a bit, she's a no shoes person and it drives me insane.

When I was growing up my house was above my family's bar and as it was part of our daily lives we wore shoes all the time. Stray glass isn't fun.

Now I get that she's had a normal house upbringing and I understand that it's weird for her but I always come back to the same point.

Fucking nobody needs to see your smelly claws about all the time. Put some shoes on.

13. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones

I have very soft and fluffy carpet, so shoes off. Radiant heat too, so even the tiled floor is nice.

14. Teyrn

Teyrn Auror

Maybe you claws are smelly cause you never let em air out?

That said, totally understand where you're coming from. In your situation it makes perfect sense.

15. sonder

sonder Seventh Year

Feet don't smell if exposed to air. The smell comes from bacterial growth from being in a moist, warm environment. Taking shoes off gives me a chance to dust them with shoe powder and let them rest (kills bacteria and lets any moisture evaporate).

In my parent's house, we take our shoes off at the door. There's slippers if you want. You can pick from the teddy bear ones, the knitted ones, or the plastic corgi ones. We have hardwood and tile. I'm currently staying in a place that requires you take your shoes off, but let me tell you, it's not to keep the dirt out. There's a fine layer everywhere that isn't my bedroom. Slippers are for your own protection.

16. Agayek

Agayek Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I try to wear shoes as little as possible, so generally no, I don't wear shoes at home. However, when I go out, I'll throw my shoes on wherever they happen to be and gladly walk through the whole house with my shoes on on my way out, and when I get back, I generally traipse back to my bedroom with my shoes on to take them off there.

If I didn't find shoes to be generally less comfortable than walking around barefoot, I probably would wear shoes at home, and it wouldn't bother me much at all. I also don't ask guests to take their shoes off or anything either, and while I'll definitely take off my shoes when I'm a guest if asked, I'm highly unlikely to do so of my own volition. It's just not something I think or care about particularly, so it doesn't occur to me as a thing to do.

17. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

Yeah shoes off at the door. However, I keep pairs of shoes everywhere. Sneakers and boots are on the shoe rack near the garage, flats and sandals are on the rack by the front door, and my myriad of heels are in my closet. My mother, sister and I all have the same shoe size, so we all tend to swap around shoes, but ever since my sister fucked up a pair of my converse during her school's field day, any pairs I don't want them to start wearing get hidden in the closet as well.

18. DR

DR Secret Squirrel ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, I'm not a savage.

Slippers in the winter, barefoot the rest of the year.

19. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    My house no.

Other people's home, yes unless asked otherwise.

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

I wear shoes in my meh mobile home (with carpet). If I had a nice house that I cared much about I'd not wear shoes but I'd also not have carpet.