1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Don't PM staff with bullshit please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Aug 28, 2008.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If you have something to say, say it in the thread, if you can't, say it in another thread, but don't think you can send a retarded PM and not get called out on it.

If I pandered to the masses I'd throw you out now for the stupid thread that got locked. Grow thicker skin, or get the fuck out. I'm a parent of a developmentally delayed autistic child, whose brain is basically stuck at age 2, who was acting normally until he got an immunization from the gov that basically mind fucked thousands of other kids. He's 10. Guess what, someone called you folks with that "disease" emo crybabies, way to prove em right. Sob stories = life. Deal with it.

Do you see me bitching anytime someone says something about autisim or calls someone a retard? You have assbergers syndrome? Did I hit a nerve? You'd think you'd have thicker skin by now to ignore something so simple as what I said. You know... actually I will pander to the masses, seeing as you picked the worst possible target out of that thread to bitch about. You see that big notice we got about moron's not needing to bother to waste our time?

Oh how cute, I'd read the thread before, but you edited it and added in more stuff.

Gtfo my dlpz please.

tl;dr Go cut your wrists or blog before you waste staff time on stupid shit. kthxbi

2. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Isn't it asperger? But yeah, that was a stupid PM.

3. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

He may have been making fun of it.

Edit: A bit late for that. You spammed the staff with PMs, apparently. I don't see how you thought that would fly.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  4. Saiyne

Saiyne Raptured to Hell

Mara here. I know you're just going to ban this account too, but hear me out...

Jolly Rancher: I cannot read your reply to my PM. Could you please post it here, so I may read it.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I don't understand why I am seen as the one in the wrong here. Could some perhaps explain it to me? I'm sorry I said I have Aspergers, I didn't know this would be the reaction.

I'm sorry that I called you idiots! I saw that someone called me a retard and I saw red. I should have controlled myself better.

Midknight: I feel for you. In no way am I saying that I have things anything as bad as your poor child. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

So are you ashamed of being a retard now?

Because if not, I vote the admins shouldn't ban you. (Mind you, my vote means nothing, but still.) If you can wear you badge of spedness with pride, if you can strap on your favorite helmet and drive this short bus, I vote Mara/Saiyne the honoray "DLP Retard. No, really."

Just my two cents.

6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Hmph, you seemed alright to me, you just need to develop the ability to ignore insults online. Nobody actually knows you, so insults don't really have any meaning.

Oh, and insulting the administrator of the site you use, even if it wasn't intentional, is not a good idea either.

Dunno if the mods are going to ban you again, but yeah... It'd probably be good if you tried your study/poll, or whatever it is somewhere else. DLP forums... Well, It didn't turn out too well, as you can see.

7. Saiyne

Saiyne Raptured to Hell

Too late nonjon, I'm already banned.

---

Oh, we're talking about this account.

Umm... Thanks Iztiak. I got a bit... overzealous. I do apologise. :(

8. Riley

@Mindless: were you talking to me? I couldn't tell.

9. Iztiak

Riley, did you spam the staff with PMs?

No?

Then it would probably be safe to assume that he was not, in fact, talking to you. ;)

10. Riley

My bad, the way he put the edit under his quote box confused me.

11. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

I am so out of the loop, this thread makes almost zero sense to me.

12. Iztiak

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I see a lot of baaw and someone ban evading.

14. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Wow. That went off poorly. I think you actually made off easier with Mid than with me. I'd have kept you around just to mock and humiliate you endlessly.

Beautiful, isn't it?

15. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

I just read that thread now. You were unnecessarily rude and insulting in your responses to everyone on that thread.

16. Iztiak

Ahahaa, love the sig Vash. :D

Back on topic: Eh, oh well. If you're reading this, good luck with your survey-thing.

17. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

My kid ain't the issue, my point was simply, you didn't get picked on because you have something wrong, it's pretty common knowledge about our situation, and we have gay members, emos, etc, you name it, and they don't get singled out. You got singled out because you were a rude cock to nearly everyone in that thread after the first person made something that wasn't a OMFG I feel sorry for you post, that's what it seemed like you were fishing for. It came off like you were being emo about it, and proving them right.

That alone should of gotten you thrown out. I was riiight there at it, said the hell with it, and made my comment in a rather stupid hope that you'd reread the thread and chill the hell out. Instead you send ME of all ppl a pissy pm. No, there's not a hint of any complex, that'd be Vashy. I'm just simply the wrong person to annoy the piss out of. I don't have time as is to wade through.. hrm lemee see,

/me makes mental note to turn PMs back off.

Like I was saying, I don't have time to wade through the stupid shit I get sent in a week as is. Don't waste my, or any of the staff's time with such trivial, stupid, crap as coming whining about something you KNOW better then to get an attitude about.

Let's see what I have: 2 for "What is flamebaiting", a few dozen reporting posts directly to me instead of using the report post button of which only maybe 9 are worth bothering with, a bunch of misc board stuff with actual questions of merit, a few well though out complaints and suggestions, then a bunch of bitching about folks picking on the person who PMed me, when they brought it on themselves.

Take a week off and come back, relax and remember folks here are going to treat you as you treat others, times 10.

18. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

DLP falls back to it's roots.

Midknight: Turn the PM's back off.

19. The Sour Kraut

The Sour Kraut Seventh Year

Okay, I get the reason for the ban and everything. I also agree wholeheartedly with Mids post in the other thread, having to deal with all those stupid diagnoses at work. (Yes, all these diseases exist, but there would be a lot less people diagnosed with them, if they or their parents weren't so damned lazy and selfpitying.)
    But one thing just doesn't sit right with me:

Mara: I simply stated that I have it.
    Taure: Yeah, which was too much.

Mara's behaviour and insults aside, but is it forbidden now to simply state that one has a problem/illness/whatever? I don't like emo posts begging for sympathy either, but simply stating it when the topic comes up I see no problem with.
    I can't shake the feeling that if it wasn't Midknight who wrote that his son was autistic, he would have been called an attention whore, despite never having asked for sympathy.
    Most of us face hardships in real life, many deal with them without being emos or cutters. Those things belong to us, so mentioning them or talking about them in a mature way shouldn't be a problem.

20. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I am sorry, but is it not Midknights job to answer these questions, no matter how asinine they are?

Don't get me wrong Midknight, I can understand your annoyance when the first thing you look at is 20 unread messages that you know are going to piss you off, but it comes with the title, doesn't it?

Not open for further replies.