1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Dragon Age: The Crown of Thorns by Raonar - Dragon Age: Origins.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Captain Trips, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

Title: Dragon Age: The Crown of Thorns
    Author: Raonar
    Rating: M
    Genre: Fantasy/Suspense
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms.
    Pairings: None so far.
    Summary: A retelling of Origins with what would have happened had the Dwarf Noble been allowed to think for himself. The story of fall, honor and pride as Raonar Aeducan renounces his life so that his two brothers may keep theirs, for more than a week at least.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6072033/1/Dragon_Age_The_Crown_of_Thorns

I found this story a few days back and I enjoyed it tremendously. The story of this fic is fairly original compared to most of the longer Dragon Age fics that exsists on ff.net.

I hope you people will enjoy what has been written so far in this fic as much as I have.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I have yet to read any Dragon Age fanfiction, but I enjoyed the game immensely so I will definitely give this a shot.

3. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

I thought it was pretty average. The author writes out the schemes and machinations and tells them to the reader, which is a boring way to find out what's happening. Would've been better if the reader had less info and was figuring out the plans through the characters' actions, rather than their explanations of their actions.

3/5ish kind of story.

4. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

How this is sitting at 1 star, I have no idea. While it is not a literary masterpiece, it is easily the best Dragon Age fanfic I have seen.
    4/5

5. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

6. Raonar

Raonar Squib

Everywhere (being one with all existence makes you
    And thus I finally find my way here.

My thanks to Xantam for pointing me towards this thread (I assume he is the very same as Lord Xantam on FF.net).

I must say I was more than a little surprised to hear someone actually started a thread about my story here, especially considering people actually like it.

There is one particular post I would like to address.

By the gods, finally! I've been waiting for months for some actual constructive criticism but the reviwers on FF.net only seem to leave some words when they like something in particular. Unfortunately, they mostly forget to actually say what I should improve.

That said, I'm assuming you (RedNehi) are mostly talking about chapter 6 yes? Well, I WAS considering postponing the explanation until the Orzammar plot line, but I had to somehow show just how the protagonist thinks.

Point is, there are a lot of people out there that idolize Bhelen and would have taken me for naive for even considering he wouldn't find out about the death faking thing. So I had to properly outline that scheme to make the beginning of the tale believable.

I admit, of course, that I could have handled it some other way, but at least it was worthy of a 3, which is satisfactory for now.

I am doing my best to improve after all. So keep that criticism coming strong. ;)

7. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Well, I completely forgot about this story for a few months and was pleasantly surprised to find about 20 new chapters when I stumbled upon it again. It is now up to about 350,000 words and has a very consistent update rate. Definitely a nice way to waste a few days.

8. Poytin

I've been following it as every chapter has come out. Overall it is a very enjoyable story. However I find that so far everything seems to go a little too smoothly... I mean look at the latest chapter... how did all of that go correctly? It just seems to me that whenever a plan is made it is followed almost to perfection.

9. Poytin

Well chapter 60 just came out and it's very dialogue heavy. Not that it's a bad thing. Everything set up in the beginning chapters is coming to a head and I love every second of it.

This continues to be my favorite Dragon Age story.

Also double post because apparently no one else has input on this for 10 months.

10. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Dragon Age: The Crown of Thorns has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 78
    Words: 985,655
    Updated: 2020-02-18 20:28:59 UTC
    Published: 2010-06-21 20:44:47 UTC
    Previously updated: over 3 years ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.