1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dresden Casefiles 2: Signup Thread

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Riley, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

This is the official singup thread for my latest and simplest incarnation of Dresden Mafia. Looking for 15 players and at least 3 reserves. Obs thread is available if I get enough requests for one.

There is no set start date until I get enough players. All play will take place according to EST or GMT -5.

Dresden's Casefiles: The Warehouse Murders

1. Day One and Day Two will last 48 hours. Day Three and onwards will last 24 hours. Nights will last 24 hours, but may end early if all actions are in.

2. Everyone has a Quicktopic. Do not copy/paste anything into the thread directly from your Quicktopic. You may ask me questions in them! I may not be able to answer them, but you can certainly ask.

3a. This is an Open Setup.

3b. Roles, alignment and character name will not be revealed upon death!

4. There will be no bastard modding. What you see is what you get.

5. Lynch Votes! Lynch votes in this open setup have two parts - Hard Lynch, and Soft Lynch. When someone reaches Hard Lynch, they die. THERE ARE NO DEADLINE VOTES. If a target is at Soft Lynch when the deadline occurs, then the target dies. Hard Lynch will be the majority of voters, with Soft Lynch less than that. If multiple targets are at Soft Lynch, the target with the highest amount of votes dies. Ties result in NO LYNCH.

Lynch votes may be any format you want, but make them stand out, please! Lynch: PlayerName, Vote: PlayerName, or Vote Player: PlayerName all works fine.

6. Mass claiming early in the game will not benefit town. I don't advise doing it! Attempting to decide if people are town or scum based on their claims has the potential to end badly, as well! Use your best judgement.

7. The only place game discussion may take place is in this thread, and your QuickTopics. Stay true to the spirit of the game, please!

8. Please do not post in the thread during Night phase!

9. Please respect my co-moderator: RUBICON. Whatever he says is the same as if I am saying it.

10. Do not edit posts in the thread for any reason. Use a doublepost if need be - they will automatically merge. Or just live with your typo of shame.

11. Respect your fellow players!

12. And above all, have fun! This is not optional.
    (Shamelessly stolen from Eid and modified for this game)

Roles

Town

5 Wizards + 5 vanilla townies = 10 Town

Win Condition: Kill all Red Court members.

5 Wizards (Town)

1 Merlin
    - Each Night, target two players. Anything that affects one of these players will affect the other one instead. This ability may redirect the Red Court’s Night Kill, but does not affect any protection awarded by Elaine Mallory.

Ebenezar McCoy
    - If there are mislynches (a Town member is Lynched) on consecutive Days, Ebenezar McCoy chooses a living player. That player dies. This ability is blocked by Elaine Mallory’s. Ebenezar may not target himself with this ability.”

Warden Donald Morgan
    - As long as Morgan lives, the Merlin will survive up to one otherwise lethal action. This includes Lynches, Night Kills, and Ebenezar’s kill ability.

Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden
    - Each Night, Harry Dresden chooses a player. At the beginning of the following Day phase, Dresden learns whether that player belongs to the Town or the Red Court.

Elaine Mallory
    - Each Night, Elaine chooses a player. This player cannot die that Night. This protection cannot be redirected to a target not of Elaine’s choosing.

Vanilla Human (x5)

Red Court
    WIN CONDITIONS: Red Court wins when Town becomes unable to achieve victory.

Red King
    -The Red King appears as a Town player to Harry Dresden’s nightly checks. This ability cannot be affected by the Merlin’s abilities.

Red Duchess
    - Once during the game, can choose a target to kill, pierces all protections (including Morgan) or switches and kills the exact target. However, as soon as the power is used, The Duchess loses it and may not use this again.

Red Baron
    - Each Night, choose a player. Should Harry Dresden target that player that Night, his check will come up inconclusive

Signups
    1. Zennith
    2. Zeelthor
    3. Bill Door
    4. Fontisian
    5. RuckyRee
    6. Dermon
    7. Zenzao
    8. Zeitgeist
    9. Kalas
    10. Aekiel
    11. Lyrium

Reserves:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  2. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm in.

10char.

3. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

No idea how it works, but I'm in.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I can help out as a co-mod if you want.

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

What does swap places mean? He takes their role? If so does he learn what that is? Does it affect how he appears in Dresden's check? Does he select a player or a role? Does the person selected lose their role as a result?

What are counters?

What does he hide? Does dresden just get no result or does it make town show up as scum and vice versa? Does he take up the appearing as town part of Lara's role too?

Fuck this ability with a rusty spanner. It's like the definition of anti-fun. Just sayin.

Put me down as a reserve if this is going to start within the next week. If it will be after that put me down as a full player.

6. Riley

o_O it's fairly straight forward I thought. As for time frame, like I said before, not till I get enough players, but problably a while yet as Survivor needs to finish so I can finish up my Wizengamot duties and WitchHunt needs to finish.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  7. Rubicon

I'm not crazy about the Red Duchess role either, especially since DLP already struggles with players not being active enough, or flaking out of games. It seems like it would just make that problem worse.

For counters, it looks like White Court has no night kill. Instead, they can "seduce" a player each night, adding to a "counter" of players they control.

so I interpret this as the same as the Redirector role in Battle School Mafia:

"Each night you must target two players. Any actions that would target the first player, will target the second player, instead."

Is that correct?

8. Bill Door

Okay, let's rephrase. What are the purpose of the counters. What is Lara able to do with them now that she has 2 of them?

Also do roles reveal on death? I'm guessing no?

9. Rubicon

^ White Court wins if they have enough counters.

10. Riley

Exactly.

No body likes the Duchess, but it's worked into game.

Rule 3b. Roles, alignment and character name will not be revealed upon death!

11. Rubicon

Does Warden protection save the Merlin from both lynches and night kills, or just night kills?

12. Riley

Any kill. I would have specified otherwise.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally, I'd change the Duchess to a standard roleblocker or a vote blocker. Better than blocking a person from playing the game, and the vote blocker is basically the same as what you have, but better.

1) Roleblocker - Each night you may pick one person. That person may not use their ability for the night.

2) Vote blocker - Each night you may pick one person. That person may not cast a vote the following day. They are informed of this at the end of the night. The general public are not informed.

14. Riley

-_-

I forgot to remove the "or speak in thread" when I copypastaed it from my thread in the Mafia group. Dammit.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm in, as long as this starts after Witchhunt and Survivor end.

16. Bill Door

Okay, that role isn't that bad then. Also is this announced publicly or how does the vote blocking work? Do their votes just not count?

17. Riley

It is not publicly announced. However they are allowed to say they've been auctioned, they will not be able to submit any kind of vote the day after the night they were auctioned.

Person A was auctioned Night 2, therefore Day 3 they can not submit a vote. They will be alerted to this in their QT but not in the thread.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd put in a bit about the Duchess not being able to self target, because otherwise it forces town to mislynch twice before they can kill her.

19. Rubicon

I'm concerned that this might not be true here: Mass claim D1 and you'd get four different 1v1s (two players claiming the same role name, which one is scum?) but also 6+ townfirmed players (everyone who doesn't get counterclaimed is confirmed town).

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

TH & WH get around this by adding a soup role.

You could also think of some more vanilla role names and make it ambiguous which ones are actually in the game.

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just make it so the humans have generic role names, literally picked out of a hat. How do people become Wary?? Also, just to have confirmation here what's the consequence of posting if you've been Auctioned?

Also tentatively in (as long as balance issues can be addressed).