1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2018

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Heleor, May 29, 2018.

1. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

It's about that time of year - a time when companies can let us down on live TV and fanboys can fight over irrelevant things like which system had better advertisements!

Is anyone looking forward to anything specific this year? Is anything really worth watching live?

I'm mostly interested in the new Smash this year, despite not really playing it anymore. It's exciting to see the new character trailers. Neither Metroid or Pokemon are likely this year, unfortunately.

Also, hoping for a new world announcement and release date for KH3, if Square's doing anything at the show itself.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I'm looking forward to video card prices to come down, which I would be surprised if they actually talked about :p

3. TheLazyReader

TheLazyReader Groundskeeper

Chrono Break or bust.

4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Since I made the mistake of buying an Xbox One all those years ago, I'll just watch in envy as the PS4 gets all the interesting games that I'd want to play.
    Pity. Having a real Pokemon game on the Switch would honestly tempt me into buying one...after I get around to X/Y and Sun/Moon anyway.

5. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

There *have* been some rumors of Pokemon this year, but I'm treating them with a heavy grain of salt.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My wish list (that I know won’t appear)

-Next Elder Scrolls game
    -Dragon Age 4
    -Jade Empire 2
    -Persona 6 (years away I kno)

My wish list of might appear.

-new Star Wars game

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cyberpunk 2077 is supposed to be making an appearance this year. And so is KH3. Those are at the top of my hype ladder.

8. Arthellion

High Score:
    Completely forgot about Cyberpunk. Definitely excited for it

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I can dream.

10. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Anything SMT V since Nintendo's going to be pushing it hard. Expect that at the Tokyo show though. Also given they only recently started Full-scale development I doubt release is til 2020.

Cyberpunk 2077, more Last of Us II details, next major Sony Production after GoW and I'll keep an eye out on other Switch games to see if I can justify picking one up by the end of this year.

Curious if Arkane Studios are making a new IP after Dishonored as well.

11. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm mostly only interested in Sony's presentation, to be honest. It was the only good one last year, and I have no reason to expect that to be any different this year. Not sure what we'll be seeing, but I'm curious what they'll want to show.

Games-wise, I'm mainly gonna be keeping an eye out for Cyberpunk 2077 and the new Metro game. Not terribly interested in the rest.

That isn't gonna happen until bitcoin fades back into obscurity. The bubble's finally popped, so it shouldn't take that much longer, but it's still not quite there yet.

Yeah, about that....

We're not going to see any more Bioware games. Anthem is going to be their final title unless it sells gangbusters (read: has Destiny 2 launch numbers, and keeps those numbers in active players for at least a year), and given that it's already buried in controversy, that isn't very likely.

Bioware is almost certainly going to go the way of Visceral within the next 3 years, and we'll never see another of their IPs again.

12. Arthellion

High Score:
    I will forever love the Doctors for creating bioware and forever hate them for selling to EA.

13. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'm optimistic about getting details about this one. At last year's E3 they said we'd get details in a year's time, didn't they?

14. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I'd be interested in KH3... if it hadn't been hinted (or rather all but stated) that we're getting the release date BEFORE E3, as in the first week of June instead of the second, not really too interested in the opinions of the people who will likely get to play the same demo that was just done at that closed event.
    Outside of KH however, I'm kind of hoping we'll get another Digimon Story game or a Etrian Odyssey X NA release date, with maybe some kind of announcement for Animal Crossing Switch. As for things that I'd like to see but it's insanely unlikely to happen? Persona 3 (FES) remake using the P5 engine perhaps? Not really much I can think of for that category at the moment. All the games I'd LIKE to get announced are busy with their devs working on other projects or just don't exist. As for P6... that's super unlikely given the guy who did P3-P5 just quit the persona team to go do fantasy stuff instead of standard MegaTen stuff.

15. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Im just hanging on for Elder Scrolls 6, but since the 'leak' of rage 2 etc it seems like its going to be at least one more year. At least.

16. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

I just recently, since I just finished my semester, started sinking my teeth into the "new" Assassins Creed game, 'Origins'. I thought Syndicate was a good step up, but Origins is fantastic. Next AC teaser miiiiiight be possible, if they keep their biannual release schedule it's for fall next year, so not hoping that much.

That said I'm hoping for more good single player rpg games to hold my interest until Ashes of Creation launches.

17. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    I don‘t find myself particularly looking forward to anything this year, except maybe for a possible Horizon sequel, but I have no idea whether that could actually appear already.

Regarding BioWare, if they don‘t make the single-player mode worth playing, I have absolutely zero interest in Anthem as I tend to shy away from most every co-op mode ever made, never mind games specifically designed for that purpose. And if that means BioWare goes bust, then so be it. They sold their soul a long time ago and lost the last shreds of my respect with the mess that was the death of Mass Effect Andromeda. That does sound rather fatalistic, doesn‘t it?

Other than that, I am still in mourning over the game that Star Wars 1313 could have been and am thus extremely sceptical about any new atrocity EA subjects this property to. That being said, I don‘t think we‘ll see anything new from a galaxy far, far away until at least 2019, when they hope everyone will have forgotten about Battlefront II.

18. Hush

Hush Seventh Year

High Score:
    Sony's already announced that their press conference will revolve around four major upcoming exclusives. The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima (SuckerPunch), Death Stranding (Kojima Productions) and Spider-Man. So they've basically told us already what we were expecting to be there anyway but I'd say there's probably going to be some gameplay, hopefully live, to go along with three of the four that we've only seen cinematics for. I'm okay with this. No doubt they'll have something up their sleeve for the big surprise. Ghost of Tsushima is probably my number one most anticipated, fighting a guerilla war against Genghis Khan... Seen basically nothing so far but the originality has me feeling it. I wish more new IPs would explore new and original settings.
    I'm not sure we'll get Horizon One Dawn before the next generation. Games seem to take so much longer to create these days, so who knows if it will some out in the next few years. Then again, it'd be great for some proper launch titles with the next-gen consoles.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think we need a new trend at E3: announce studio closures with the great pomp and fireworks.

No one is talking about Anthem. If it's present at EA's conference, it'll be a pretty trailer with no gameplay, but obligatory "THIS FOOTAGE WAS CAPTURED IN-GAME". No one is going to care about a new, untested IP from BioWare after all the best talent had left. People left at BioWare now are folks who did a few DLCs for better games before Andromeda and their big coming out petered out from pop culture consciousness like James Cameron's Avatar.

BioWare will release Anthem within the next 2-3 years, hope for success, they'll watch it die (because people would have wanted DA4 instead) and the studio will be closed.

Looking forward to AAA publishers talking about "putting players first" and "immersive experience" in their "live services".

20. CaptainFlowers

CaptainFlowers Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Currently, the games on my hypelist are geared to PS4.

Death Stranding
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Red Dead Redemption II
    Metro
    Last of Us 2 (fingers crossed)