1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ebook Reader Recommendations

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Phantom of the Library, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Apologies if there is a similar thread currently active, but I searched back seven pages and did a search and nothing came up.

As the title implies, I'm considering buying an Ebook reader soon, and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I have almost no interest in using this device for anything other than reading large amounts of text for long periods of time, so keep that in mind.

Primarily I'm concerned about four things:

Eye strain
    Battery life
    Cost
    Flexibility when uploading files from my computer (Basically, how difficult would it be to read FF on it.)

After doing some light browsing, the Kindle Wi-Fi seems like the best option, but it's sometimes hard to wade through the bullshit add campaigning, so if anyone has specific experience with it, that would be especially helpful. I doubt I'll ever purchase a book while away from the house, so 3G isn't really needed.

So yeah, basically it boils down to, "Is there a better option than the Kindle Wi-Fi?"

Thanks in advance.