1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

EPL Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Bill Door, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Schezney
    Koscielny-Kompany-Vertonghen
    Walcott-Gutierezz-Scholes-Pienaar
    Zamora-Tevez(c)-Aguero

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. lightningdrifter

lightningdrifter First Year

If either of those two teams actually win their respective league/tournament, I will eat my shoe with A1 steak sauce and put it on youtube/here ... ;)

3. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Hey United fans. Do you think Nani is going to start most games this season?

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

My 11 btw:

Krul
    Baines - Koscielny - Kompany
    Miyachi - Nasri - Cazorla - Yaya Toure - Allen
    Torres - Giroud

Not as happy because I don't really focus on non-arsenal players during the season. heh. Will watch more matches this season I guess. Miyachi is going to be my golden egg...I'm telling y'all.

4. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm linking a couple of sites that I've been using for reference material for my team.

Premier League Fantasy

Never Manage Alone

A word of caution though: Following advice from similar blogs for the MLS had me drafting Tommy Meyer, Luis Silva and Kevin Rowe. All 3 were complete wastes of selections.

Here's to hoping I won't bomb similarly with my initial EPL squad with my selection of Michu and Hazard. I have no expectations for Sterling...so at least he can't disappoint me.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  5. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Oh and who on their teams is everyone hoping will perform way above expectations? It's kinda boring just choosing well known/established players who everyone else is choosing mostly. My thoughts: Nasri is going to cement a first team spot at City and Miyachi is going to tear it up at Wigan. Cazorla is going to revive arsenal.

6. Kensington

I've decided to take a gamble with Karim El-Ahmadi of Aston Villa. A transfer from Feyenoord, priced at $4.5, the best I can discern from reading about him online is that he's expected to start in their midfield.

Is it possible that he'll never see the pitch? Yup. But perhaps I'll get lucky, and get one hell of a performance out of a player who I haven't seen on anyone's radar yet.

7. Peteks

Peteks Unspeakable

I don't necessarily trust in him, but I hope Lukaku will tear shit up during his loan spell.

8. Jericho

Jericho Sixth Year

Joined both leagues. Done well last year so hopefully I can maintain top table form.

My team:

Cerny/Szczesny

Kompany/Walker/Simpson/Williams/Shawcross

Larsson/Sinclair/Silva/Etherington/Walters

Rooney/Zamora/Holt

9. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Thats a really interesting question to which I have no idea. SAF team decisions are sometimes baffling and unpredictable.

Rooney and Van Persie all day long however.

10. Kensington

You do know that it's "Miyaichi", right? Sorry, it was just bugging me how you kept forgetting the first "i" in his surname.

And hopefully the additions of Podolski, Giroud, and Cazorla will be able to fill the void of Van Persie leaving and Song reportedly leaving. It will be interesting to see what Arsenal picks up with the 23 million they got in exchange for VP.

11. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

Two random goalkeepers, bunch of other dudes. Uh, yeah.

EDIT- Because some of you are curious as to how badly I'm going to be doing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  12. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Aggravated Pimping in for the win.

13. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Cech should /not/ be on the bench and do you know that you can play a 3-4-3 meaning you cut down on one defender and gain another forward?

Get rid of Carragher, smack on someone else and you'll be set I reckon.

14. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Personally, I'd get rid of Romeu and Ji. Neither of them will play enough games to be worth having, I think. I'd also make one of the front two your captain instead of Miyaichi.

15. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Just joined up, but I had a team awhile ago. Here's my team:
    First team
    Vorm
    Shawcross, Kompany, Lescott, Assou-Ekotto
    Mata, Hazard, Walters
    Torres, Holt, Graham

Bench
    Rudd, Dyer, Simpson, Larsson

My first team is fairly solid I think, if Torres can deliver. I wasn't too impressed by Hazard during the preseason, but I'm sure he'll deliver. Chelsea for the EPL Trophy!

16. Kensington

Alright, I've finally locked in my lineup.

Starting
    --GK--
    Howard (Everton)
    --Def--
    Vidic (Manchester United)
    A. Cole (Chelsea)
    Hangeland (Fulham)
    --MF--
    Hazard (Chelsea)
    Yaya Toure (Manchester City)
    Cazorla (Arsenal)
    Larsson (Sunderland)
    --Fwd--
    Aguero (Manchester City)
    Pogrebnyak (Reading)
    Podolski (Arsenal)

--Bench--
    Green (QPR)
    El Ahmadi (Aston Villa)
    Fabio (QPR)
    Tierney (Norwich)

I'm starting several new players to the EPL... so this will either be glorious, or it will blow up in my face real bad. I'll start to find out tomorrow!

And go Gunners!

17. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hart
    Kaboul Ferdinand Heitinga
    Allen Fellaini Yaya Toure Kagawa
    Aguero Giroud Jelavic

Bench: Cerny, Barnett, Cattermole, Riise

Pretty happy.

18. Reza

Reza Second Year DLP Supporter

[​IMG][​IMG]

After a few attempts, I managed to login to the site and make some transfers before the deadline. If anyone else plans on making changes, you've got about 15 minutes.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  19. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

What part of "I have no idea what I'm doing" don't you people understand.

It's not like I follow footballLOLSOCCER so even if I did switch out anybody, I'd have no idea who to throw in. Also, Cech is no longer on the bench and Romeo is in because apparently, Chelsea plays twice this week and BullmooseKensington's panties are in a bunch about it.

Good luck to each of you. If I come out anywhere but in last place at the end of this, I am a bloody genius, eh wot spit-spot meat-and-two-veg cheerio.

Go Whitecaps. :p

20. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Woo! Looks like I'm in second place (so far). I'm actually quite suprised; didn't expect to do all that well.

What I am bloody annoyed about is that is had friggin' DYER on the the bench and didn't put him on. I mean, 15 points he's got - that's more than a third of my total!

Anyway, can't wait to see how the head-to-head finishes up. Looks like I'm doing pretty well at that, too.