1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Esama

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Platypus, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

Esama has departed from the internet overnight.

I don't know whether or not this is out of line for DLP, but does anyone have copies of Esama's Sherlock stories, or the Naruto fic 'End of One World?' Or the weird Yu-Gi-Oh fic where Yami was playing Sleeping Beauty for the majority of the posted fic?

2. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Who?

Answer to your question

I assume the only stuff that would survive getting taken down is the stuff in the WBA threads.

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

All I can say is: good riddance. I don't think any of Esama's stories were particularly good. Most of them were average, dull, and lifeless. Perhaps we'll finally have people stop recommending those stories here.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

First time I've been Rickrolled in years.

5. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Was looking at their Harry-as-Master-of-Death story (Sherlock Crossover) the other day and saw them posting about how they were going to be removing stories and leaving the internet next week so anyone who wanted their stories should go ahead and get them. Think they even did a countdown or something on their blog? Lawl.

Anyway I grabbed two of their stories. "Whispers in Corners" which I liked despite the slash and one other one I had read but can't remember the name of.

Edit: Yep, I have "End of one World" apparently. PM me with a good way of getting it to you if you want it still.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  7. Zill

Zill First Year

8. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

What was the reason for Esama deleting their stories?

9. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

I've seen something floating around about her taking a year off from fanfiction because of some form of stress or another. I didn't see anything about her removing her stuff in advance, and the only thing left on the bio is;
    Lol.

Thanks for the Dropbox link, Zill - I snagged a copy of End of One World, Cinder Breadcrumbs, Toil and trouble, and Whispers on Corners.

10. Hello

Hello Professor

The only thing I got was that she was tired of something. Something about having to deal with stuff for too long, but I did not really care enough to think it was important at the time.

11. Tarnished Blade

Tarnished Blade Professor

The one thing I've noticed about Esama's fics is he tends to take a few chapter to build up a plot then suddenly the characters will be gay and the whole thing goes striaght to hell.

Not that Homosexual characters are bad, but yesh. How many stories did he ruin like that?

12. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

The interesting thing that I noticed with a couple of stories, though, was that it was advertised as 'this will be slash', but was abandoned before that - so it was kinda safe to read some esama's stories even though they were marked as slash in the first place.

Case in point - did anyone save the 'Alone Together', the HP/Temeraire crossover, by any chance? It was marked as slash, but in 15 chapters there was barely the slightest hints, if that. And the first 9 chapters were kinda interesting, too.
    It has Harry Potter having kinda two bodies - one his one, and another a dragon's of the first task. It was rather silly in that regard.
    To be fair, yeah, it was a stock Esama story - some interesting ideas with execution that leaves you hoping for better quality and, thus, disappointed.

13. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

14. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

15. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Meh, no matter that every story ended up being slash, he did make some interesting ideas. This is a loss.

16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

So is there something I'm missing, or did he just decide to say fuck the internet and leave?

He also had a habit of finishing nearly 0% of what he started.

17. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

They said fuck the internet, and left.

Apparently Esama had original fiction up under the same username on other websites that wants to revamp and publish, and he doesn't want to be connected to his fanfiction.

18. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

He was better than 0%? Seriously though, the ideas were original and that was good enough to care about him.

19. Saot

Saot Groundskeeper

I'm pretty sure he wrote at least one one-shot.

20. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

She was just sick of everything, being a BNF apparently loses its appeal after a while. Keep in mind she was online for like eight years. She also mentioned how big of a distraction it was and how she now felt like she was growing up and concentrating on her original work and home life away from fanfiction.

You can see her archive at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/esamafans/ which her fans created after she left a few days ago.

She took down all her websites, tumblr, fanfiction sites, her original yahoo group and pretty much everything bearing the handle 'esama'.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013