1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Been catching up to my backlog, finally got around to playing the Hitman game from 2016. Disappointed there is no briefcase in it to pack 47's gear in it, but I hear the next Hitman game has it and had some hilarious moments before it was patched out.

Really beautiful looking game, shame it doesn't have a photo mode or that it doesn't use Ansel.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't they patch it back in as an upgrade? Or is it a different version of Hitman.

3. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

You can play all of the Hitman (2016) levels in Hitman 2, and I think you can use some of the updated mechanics including the briefcase.

Speaking of backlogs I finally played Celeste, and it might be the best 2D platformer I've ever played. Finishing up the B-Sides now and I'm still amazed at how good it simply feels to play the game.

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Celeste is a masterpiece. The way the music matches everything on every level and every sequence took me so long to notice, but once I did it was amazing. The background music guiding your tempo while playing.

I got pretty far into the game, beating a few of the "bonus" post-game sections, but I hit a wall eventually. Then I looked up the final levels and how absolutely insane they are, and I bowed out.

5. Meerkats

Meerkats Auror

It's looked really good in the general feel of it all. It looks like London even if the building isn't recognisable and you remove the buses and taxis. The few landmarks I've seen so far have also been very faithful.

I haven't played syndicate but the AC games are usually very good at historical accuracy so I'm sure it's well done there as well.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Everything I've read says that the architecture to run any PS4 game is indeed there on PS5. It's the software side that could be an issue, so they're going title by title, checking with devs to make sure there won't be any major issues.

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just a short teaser. But don't care.

8. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

STALKER 2 was the biggest surprise for everyone.

Still no Elden Ring though.

9. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

I'm super excited for Hellblade 2, but now I have to decide whether it's worth buying an Xbox for that, or take the plunge and finally get a proper PC.

10. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Dark Lord

Fatshark have just announced Darktide

Pretty much no details. The trailer makes it look like you start as four arbites/guardsmen, but the splash looks like Sniper/Ogryn/Guard/Techguard. I'd be happy with either, after the fun I've have in Vermintide 1. Self-directed career progression might be nice, in the vein of Dark Heresy, but if they get decent pregenned builds (like Vermintide 1), I'd not have any major complaints.

[​IMG]

11. Agayek

Agayek The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I just sprouted an erection that isn't gonna go down for weeks. This is exactly the game I wanted when I first played Vermintide 1, and given how completely fantastic Vermintide 1 and especially 2 are, I am entirely on board with Fat Shark for this.

12. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

The post-game really is something else. I finally completed Chapter 9 today, and my death counter was 2,972 - only about 400 less deaths than all 8 B-Sides combined, and twice as many as the regular versions of all 8 levels. Immensely satisfying in the end though, cemented Celeste as my all time favourite platformer.

13. Otters

Otters Third Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thought I was reading this in TOMD and got a bit concerned for you.

14. Raiko

Raiko Seventh Year DLP Supporter

My understanding was that basically everything will be backward compatible by release, assuming you aren't trying to play Hello Kitty Island Adventure or something you will be good, it's just that not all the games will be able to be "boosted" versions capable of utilizing the increased PS5 specs.

15. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just finished Ghost of Tsushima

Fuck that ending hit me right in the feels, but I killed the fuck outta him regardless.

Pretty great all round and an awesome way to end a generation.

Not perfect though, and there were some glaring faults IMO. Things I want to see in the sequel:
    • Bin the Uncharted style platforming. It has no place in an open world. I want to be able to climb and explore everything, and I want my grapple to hook everywhere. I'm not a big BOTW fan, but they got open world exploration right.
    • This may seem shallow, but they really need to put more work in animation and cutscenes that aren't the main characters/ plot ones. At times it felt cheap and rushed, which really stuck out given how amazing the world looks.
    • I'd like the loot to mean more. Let me interact with the world in more meaningful ways. Maybe rebuilding a base or temple etc.
    • More meaningful side content.

I'm sure I could think of more but it might sound a bit nitpicky. I loved this game and can't wait to see where they take it.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't think that's entirely correct. Sony said they're making sure the top 100 PS4 games will be fully playable at launch, and they're working with developers to make the full PS4 library backwards compatible over time. Given the library is 4000+ titles, and that the task of porting them all would be monumental, this let's me assume that the PS5 was built with rote PS4 emulation in mind.

Read this update on the og PS5 blog post:
    They've tested hundreds of titles so far and expect the the overwhelming majority of titles to run with no problems. That said, they haven't tested them all yet.

So sure, you can probably put any ps4 disc in and it will run, but there may be glitches in titles that aren't on the approved list.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  17. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Finished the first Hitman game and am now playing the second one. Good news is they included a photo mode, if you have an Nvidia GPU, in this game. Bad news is you can barely move your camera around in said photo mode. What in the absolute fuck? Why would they do this?

18. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, just hit Act II of Ghost of Tsushima. The difficulty spike was real. Was not expecting that. Straw Hats are annoying.

19. Nazgus

Nazgus Dark Lord DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

Well they are the protagonist's pirate crew, you can't expect them to be push overs :p

20. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Low health though.

Think like a Ninja, not like a Samurai. Throw a kunai or sticky bomb XD