1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Agayek

Agayek Totally Sirius DLP Supporter

There's a pretty healthy library at the moment; it's got a pretty full suite of the standard nintendo games by this point, with editions of everything from Zelda to Mario Party, and it's one of the better indie platforms of recent years, from what I've heard.

It's certainly not something for you if you're not a nintendo fan, but if you are, it's well worth the price.

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §–

High Score:
    1,826+3348
    I take issue with calling a Nintendo console an indie platform. Nintendo is as mainstream as it gets. No other game company can boast such long running and successful franchises as Zelda and Mario.

3. Agayek

Agayek Totally Sirius DLP Supporter

By "indie platform", I meant "platform hosting independent games". As in, there's a lot of indie games being released on the Switch and Nintendo is very friendly to indies. Between the constant deluge of shit-stained spunk pouring out of Steam's every orifice and Epic's general... Epic-ness, the Switch is a fairly attractive option for many small developers, and there's a bunch of good indie games on the Switch.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  4. Odran

Odran Prisoner

Monster Hunter World - Iceborne just keeps getting a better roster with every new trailer showing.

Now if they only added monsters like Dalamadur, Ahtal-Ka or Valstrax, that'd make this the best MH game.

5. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  6. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I listen to several gaming podcasts that often tell you the top-ten best selling games on the platforms...

There are always some exceptions, but the Switch is constantly Nintendo IP dominated. I'm curious how well these indies actually do on it. Personally, I hate playing 2d action-y games on the Switch (which are a lot of indie games these days), my hands start to cramp and i cbf plugging it into my TV and using my DS4. I'll be getting Fire Emblem in a couple of weeks though.

Black Eagles ftw.