1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else Video Games Thread [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erandil, Oct 28, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Looking snazzy...but also a little clunky for an AAA game. Hope they smooth it out. That said...it gives similar vibes to the first game.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I know my brother is planning on getting it, having watched some videos, and I saw one with him. I'm not sure if I'm really feeling it, myself, but... steam family sharing is a thing, so I'll try it out anyway.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  3. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Still waiting on Elden Ring gameplay. Still waiting.

5. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

That unreal demo looks so amazing especially running on PS5, though you have wonder at the file size that is required for something so detailed.

6. Zilly Sawdust

Zilly Sawdust High Inquisitor

Exanima, a dungeon-crawling RPG with intricate physics-based combat has recently been updated with magic (v0.8 in Early Access). Recommend for anyone who is a fan of Dark Souls. It is a prelude to a larger and hugely ambitious open-world dynamic RPG called Sui Generis, being developed off the back of a modest Kickstarter campaign by Bare Mettle, a small indy dev company. Updates are rather slow, but steady and it's only 15€ on Steam. Definitely worth it 5/5.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  7. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Something Nostalgic is coming back.

Happy to see Serious Sam coming back.

8. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I remember playing Serious Sam as a kid and then having nightmares about it. Good Times.

Isn't it a Stadia exclusive though?

9. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Skadia and PC. It is pretty much PC title anyways.

10. Primarch

Primarch First Year

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is getting a remaster to be released in August this year. It's called Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Personally, I really liked this game and just lately I'd been planning to give it another go. Now I'll just wait until the remaster comes out.

11. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Holy shit, now that is a shock.

Kingdoms of Amalur was one of the most tragic piles of wasted potential I've ever had the misfortune to play. I've always felt so bad for the Devs, because it wasn't even their fault. They were owned by THQ at the start of development, and got sold off to some baseball player who was making an MMO as a vanity project and decided to buy the studio/game to have them rework it into his franchise.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  12. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I only played a bit of KoA but I recall it had a pretty unique class system. I'm curious to see what they do with the remaster, whether I'm able to play it myself or not. Definitely gonna check it out on YT.

13. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

C&C remaster came out today. Honestly, I missed the announcement that this was even being worked on, otherwise I would've been hyped to hell. Thankfully, and this comes without having played it myself yet, it seems like this is the exact opposite of Warcraft Reforged, and early reviews have a lot of praise.

The price is reasonable at $20. It includes both the original C&C, and RA1 and the expansions. Any more than $20 would have been suspect, as the originals of these games have been available for free for 15 years (the C&C games were traditionally made into freeware by the makers 10 years after the release date). Any cheaper, and you'd worry about the lack of effort put in.

14. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kingdoms of Amalur??!?!? Holy shit. I actually loved that game. Yeah, it was pretty empty, and flawed, but I loved the theme and the fairy colours and chakram op meteor wizards. The dlc sea manor is still my favorite player housing of all time, too.

It looks dope. I guess hoping they improve the writing is a pipe dream, though. At least they could add some new quests and pad out the guilds, I hope. Buut it's probably only going to be a graphics/items/gameplay remaster. Time to prepare to farm some flawless rivets, I guess...

15. kelkorkesis

kelkorkesis DA Member

High Score:
    Kindoms of Amalur had fun gameplay but terrible mmo style empty quests. I liked my brief encounter with it untill a bug blocked my progression on main quest. Hopefully, this time it is going to be better.

16. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

LoUII is almost out and the reviewers have it. They strongly suggest that the controversial rumours are false and most of what happens wasn't spoiled.

Maybe fans won't find too much to complain once they get to play it.

17. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    After much suffering, I finally beat the Lewis Hamilton time trials DLC in Gran Turismo Sport.

Essentially, you have to beat 10 lap times set by Hamilton. Nine in a current Mercedes AMG GT3 car, and one in an old Mercedes sports car prototype beast. That last one is around the fearful Nordschleife, but if you know what you’re doing around there it’s actually one of the easier times to beat. You get Diamond if you beat Lewis’s time and Gold, Silver or Bronze if you’re slower than him but quicker than a certain time.

The trouble is that Lewis appears to have set at least some times on a different build of the game, which gives him a couple of distinct advantages in the AMG GT3 (from what I could gather by looking at his ghosts, it’s mainly better weight transfer and less understeer). Meanwhile, the current build has a small advantage in top speed.

Anyway, for all Gold times or higher you get 20 million credits and a cap increase from 20 million to 100 million. I did that back when the DLC came out. I was stuck at four Diamonds and six Golds pretty much since release, but got two Diamond times last week and the final four today, among them the most difficult one.

For all Diamonds, I got a full 100 million credits, a lovely special car and, naturally, quite a bit of self-satisfaction. :D

18. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion...

The embargo being a week before release means they're confident in the game. Nothing more.

19. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Well, another few months have passed and another path of exile league is on the horizon. I think this is the first time in quite a while I'm not really all that impressed for it's release. Could be for a few reasons, and I even understand why they're doing the things they're doing, or at least I think I do. However...

20. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I only said that because some reviewers outright stated that most previous spoilers were false, but they could be lying.

Not open for further replies.