1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Failing Twilight by Shadow Rebirth - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Fireblade5, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Fireblade5

Fireblade5 First Year

Title: Failing Twilight
    Author: Shadow Rebirth
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/General
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 14
    Words: 75,508
    Updated: Jun 4, 2010
    Published: Sep 12, 2008

Summary: Naruto had learnt from a young age that life could get hectic, but all this chaos with Biju, daimyos, and psychotic missing-nin was going a bit too far. Now just throw in a fourth Great Shinobi War and you've got one pissed off seal master. AU story. No pairings.
    Link: Failing Twilight

A rather good story featuring a sealmaster! Naruto, I think it's done quite well; it has Naruto graphing seals onto his skin that allow him to perfom ordinary jutsu such as Kage Bushin without the hand seals, something I don't recall having seen before. It's also one of the few stories that feature a competent Naruto that (hold you breath) doesn't include the Wave Arc.

Yes, that's right no Wave Arc. Although I suppose she could still put it in, but i don't think she will.

I should also mention that there are a few OC's but I found them to be quite well done.

To me the grammar looks fine but I'm no expert, so others may disagree.

I give it 4/5

Checked by Minion, February 15, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I remember reading the beginning chapters of this story and disliking them intensely. Having said that, I actually read a number of them, so it couldn't have been that bad, yes?

Street-urchin!Naruto with a bunch of lowlife OCs and a free ticket into the Interrogation Squad institution just seems stupid to me.

I don't rate stories that I'd give less than a 3/5 to, so I won't rate this either.

Oh, and using seals as the ultimate form of ninjutsu that can accomplish anything is a plot device that I just despise. It requires no real imagination and rapes the canon concept of seals in my opinion.

3. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I don't i'd give this one a 4/5 at least, it takes the plot pretty slow and builds up in a way that doesn't leave you pissed off.

Plus there is no god-like Naruto in this one, he focuses more on intel rather than strenght.

4. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Wait... what?

This always bugs me in Naruto fiction, Sarutobi is supposed to be one of the most powerful ninja ever.

The supreme commander of one of, if not the most powerful military forces in existance...

I laughed, normally I'd agree with this, but in this story it just makes the author look stupid.

The third considers fucking with Naruto a capital offence, he's willing to excecute civilian and shinobi alike to protect the boy... but puts up no fight when the all mighty council orders him, orders the supreme ruler of the village to back off and leave the boy he considers worth killing for alone. Yeah, right.

Add to that it's filled with OCs and general stupidity, 2/5 since it does not seem to be Yaoi, nor is the spelling painfully bad.

5. Lhefriel_Medies

Lhefriel_Medies Fifth Year

Liked it at first, although I am always a bit biased in favor of Super!Main Character stories. Now it kind of stopped making sense, with the endless stream of original characters and lack of plot line. And then the juxtaposed comedy in what should otherwise be a serious story. It had potential, but then Naruto just kind of defaulted from a traumatic childhood into some happy-go-lucky exhibitionist. The character dynamics have fallen quite flat as well as of late.

3/5, mostly for the beginning, and the possibility of improvement.