1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

So, those who have played Fallout 3 already, and finished it, have you bothered to go buy (or god forbid :awesome get a pirated copy) it?

I did the other day, I stayed up till about 2 AM finishing it.

All I have to say is; Gauss Rifle Fuck Yes.

The Spider Drones (you'll see what I mean) are annoying as hell if you aren't paying attenttion. I found myself spamming v in some areas to make sure I wouldn't get ambushed by the little fuckers.

The Chinese Stealth Suit is epic win. It looks awesome, and has a special feature when you crouch.

The last boss is a bitch to fight straight out as well. I reccomend you use an alternative option for dealing with him. :S

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. Gravity

Gravity First Year

I've got it but don't play.

Sigh...Fucking stupid vce ==".

3. artenry

artenry Guest

I played the entirety of Fallout 3, but hadn't realized that an expansion was out.

Nice.

I haven't played it yet, but since you've given it such a glowing review, I think I'll go and get myself a copy.

Woot! Operation: Anchorage, here I come.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

it isn't really an expansion as it is More Content.

Two more are slated to come out.

'The Pit' Which is a Raider town.

and

'Broken Steel' In Which you join the BoS and Fuck the Enclave once and for all.

5. No Earthly Clue

No Earthly Clue Third Year DLP Supporter

The expansion, albeit short, was fucking win. Loved the environment and getting the new weapons and armor in the end.

Guass rifle I found awesome but still prefered a regular sniper rifle than it.

Loved the Chinese Stealth Suit, even though it's a bitch to fight someone using it. It's great if your forte is in stealth. And I loved combing it with the sword you get.

Spider Drones I found easy, because my epic immortal teammate took most of the out.

I'm interested in the Pit DLC. Heard it was going to be just as long as the latest one. But the pics have me excited about it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  6. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I haven't played fallout 3, due to my lack of a decent computer, but I just want to know: Why the hell would anyone invade Alaska? Its like invading Siberia, not much point, really, and you'll probably freeze to death. Not being familiar with the series, though, I may be missing something.

7. artenry

artenry Guest

Eh. In the Fallout 3 storyline, The Americans had a rich supply of oil in the form of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, somewhere in Alaska.

With the global economy in a worrisome state and with oil being a precious commodity, the Americans set up a defensive military presence to protect Alaskan oil fields and the Pipeline.

China invaded when they wanted the oil too, and that's how we have the Operation: Anchorage mission.