1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanon Post War Draco

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Topgundragster, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Topgundragster

Topgundragster First Year

Personally, if you do write an AU or Post War Draco, you must
    • Deal with the ethics of the war
    • Treat him carefully while in character
    Post War Draco is like 616 Tony Stark, a reformed but still not that good person who deals with ethics and possibly trauma. He is still a jerk at times, but nicer than in his teenage years. Post War Draco is hard to write in my opinion

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He's a character you can reasonably take in quite a number of different ways.

Does he become redeemed? Does he become withdrawn and bitter? Does he go overboard to seek forgiveness, and become an oppressively good person? Does he maintain he was in the right all along, and never did anything wrong? Does he claim victimhood, and seek sympathy?

These are only some of the ways you could choose to write him following the conclusion of DH, any of them can lead to an interesting character.

3. zugrian

zugrian Fourth Year

Dead or in prison are the only options I enjoy. Katie Bell suing his ass would be a good post war fic.

4. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

I absolutely loved how he was handled by Ruskbyte in All Problems Solved. If you haven't read it be advised it's a sequel to Evil be thou my good. Everyone's past and character has a habit of catching up to them. Even a Wizard's.

5. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

His mindset could be based off of post war Germans. He can be traumatised by Voldemort and horrified by the excesses they went to. He can recognise it all went to far etc etc and muggleborns have a right to magic.

Yet like a lot of the old purebloods of that generation, there is the sense that the new push towards muggleborn ideals means the death/dilution of his culture and a generalised resentment at being told your world view was 100% evil. But since publicly alignment to any of Voldemort's rehtoric is social suicide he keeps damn quiet about it.

6. Dirty Puzzle

Dirty Puzzle Seventh Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm of the opinion that Draco was, and still is, primarily concerned with himself and his close circle, and that that doesn't change post-war, just his relationship to everyone that isn't in his close circle. I usually write him as someone that gives much more leeway to muggleborns and half-bloods by necessity and a bit of perspective change/mellowing, but also as someone who can do so because he wasn't very attached to pureblood ideaology just pureblood culture. Ultimately, if he and his can be generally left alone, he'll be fine. It's if you write the plot of the fic as one that will directly confront him do you see the uglier parts of things I highly doubt he'd confront or interrogate about himself post-war. As a general personality template, I generally write him as a blasé jackass uninterested in the things that don't affect him unless forced to, but not in-your-face about it. If he's a secondary antagonist, he devolves (generally), and if he's the protagonist or deuteragonist, he does successfully work into a bit less of a middling shitty person.