1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fated Chance by Faerie Magic - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Klael, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Title: Fated Chance
    Author: Faerie Magic
    Rating: T
    Genre: General/Romance
    DLP Category: Time Travel
    Pairing: Harry/Ginny [IT MAKES UP FOR IT!!!]
    Summary: It happened because of a game, that's it. Nothing more. But Fate doesn't like to lose, and if winning means sending a few people back in time, so be it. Harry Potter will be given a second chance.
    Link: Fated Chance

I know. I KNOW. It's Harry/Ginny. But, please, look past that--PLEASE. I really like this fic, and I think that it has a lot of interesting points in it that seems to not occur to a lot of people writing Time Travel fics. It's well-written, with few grammatical/punctuation errors, and most of the characters are fairly IC. If you guys don't like it, then fine, but please don't judge it just beacuse of the H/G. Again, I REALLY think that it's a good fic.

I'm going out on a limb here, and I wouldn't do that for something that wasn't worth it.

DarkSov

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

(You fucked the format completely)

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry's a sobbing, whining, angsting, weak, pathetic, idiotic, stupid loser who can't think for himself and has to be led around by Hermione.

The bit with Fate and Time is a bit lame too - the author obviously couldn't think of a reasonable way to get Harry and co back in time, so created a deux ex machina.

Harry didn't go back in time by himself. This always loses points in a Time Travel fic. Sending a whole group of people back is lame, and then having Ginny follow them cos she feels left out is even lamer.

On the plus sides, its reasonably well written, has a decent length and the characterisation of the Mauraders is quite good.

Still, I wouldn't say it's even worthy of the Trash Bin.

2.5/5

4. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

Well mate, I think you have summed it all up.

I can't stand Harry being a whimp.

5. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

He's not really a wimp. You're over exagerating.

6. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

No, if anything he's understating. I couldn't get very far into this fic because of Harry's emo-bitch characterization.

2/5

7. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I have read this fic before. I really could not get into this fic and I am a complete time travel junkie. I have to agree with Taure's assessment and will add only one thing which is that the plot came to a halt and meandered chasing its own tail over and over again in the same place.

The entire thrust of the time travel idea was lost when the story had everyone basically twiddling their thumbs.

This is seriously one of those time travel fics that just pissed me off because it was going no where fast. Ginny was a very minor point in my opinion, got nothing more than an eye roll from me.

Trash Bin. 1/5 for losing all potential.

8. malaga

malaga Auror

I didn't think it was that bad. Harry might be a little more canon than I like, but it was readable. I can't see this really going anywhere though, and my spidey-senses are tingling in expectation of a Harry/Ginny cry fest in which they fall in love overnight. 2.5/5