1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of the Dark by MasterKtulu - M - HP/BL

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by ip82, Nov 27, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Fear of the Dark
    Author: MasterKtulu
    Category: Romance/General
    Pairings: Harry/Bellatrix
    Rating: M
    Summary: [Abandoned] Harry & Bellatrix Romance. Post OotP. Somewhat Dark Harry. Really Bad Chapter Six... Currently being rewritten by another Author. For a Link to his version, visit my Profile
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2139938/1/

This got to be one of the worst Harry/Bella stories ever. Even though this is supposed to be a romance, the romance itself is the weakest link here.

Harry and Bellatrix become good friends after 5 minutes of heart-to-heart talk. After 15 minutes, Bella magically bonds herself to Harry, under some misguided pretense that she owns him for killing Sirius (which is completely ridiculous, seeing as the author herself made it clear that Remus was suffering far worse). After 30 minutes, Bella pours her soul to Harry, explaining all that she had done with something as lame as Imperius. After 60 minutes, they are hoplessly in love soulmates for life.

Not to mention that ther every conversation is consisted of never-ending few paragraph sentences, where they expose and analyze their feelings in unthinkably sappy and unrealistic way. I just couldn't imagine reclusive and withdrawn teenager like Harry pouring his soul out and freely discussing taboo subjects with a woman that was his enemy only 2 hours earlier. And I'm not talking here of an one-time thing - no, sir, his every sentence has to contain some mushy crap like that. Don't forget, that's all after less than a full day knowing his brand new soulmate.

To be honest, there are good things here, like interesting explanations about wards and portkeys and good writing style. They are just completely lost in all this clished pre-teenage girly crap.

The only reason I posted this was to somehow justify an hour of my life I've spent reading this garbage, hoping it would turn better. Not to mention I was feeling like bashing something and this came along :)

Oh, and if you're wondering about that ABANDONED tag, the story is taken over by ShaintTaru (HERE). That's the guy who's rewriting Future Remaped, which means we can expect 5,000 words per month of slightly altered crap that was posted ages ago.

2. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Ähhhhh you do know that you should post good fics and not crappy ones? :?

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I figured I should give you a fair worning, since many people from this forum would rush to read any dark Harry/Bella fic they could find.

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Harry/Bella is a pairing that never personally caught on with me, since it's never once been done well.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Too true. "Dark witch and necromencer" had a good shot at making it work, but she completely screwed it up in last several chapters. "Potter Factor" is OK, but it's not serious romance... Hm, you're right.

Not to mention they are usually putting her in package with Narcissa, for some reason.

Wait a second, there was one story that had chance to turn out good. In it Harry looks through link while Voldemort fucks Bella in extreme sado-mazo way and he likes it. Then Voldemort sends Harry muggle slave girl... totally sick story, but still no smut. It WAS supposed to be Harry/Bella later on, too bad it stopped...

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Ah yes, Mehetabelo's "Black Kisses." That is (was) an excellent story that I reviewed regularly, but now it unfortunately seems to have been more or less abandoned. Voldemort sending Harry a Muggle prostitute to be his sex slave in order to induce him over was classic. I will do a Dark!Harry where Voldemort is constantly sending Harry gifts and such in order to try and buy him off one of these days in similar fashion. As for the whole Black Sisters dealie, I can tolerate Narcissa being packaged in, as they are sisters and both connected with the dark side and all. However, all those fics ALSO seem to toss Tonks in also for no apparent reason, and THAT is when I get annoyed.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Hey, that's a great idea. Just don't make him into Voldemort's lap-dog, I hate those fics.

I don't like Narcissa being a part of the deal mostly because of the fucking ferret she had popped out. Although, there ARE some up-sides in screwing your enemie's mum. You did it great in your story.

I totally agree about Tonks, she just don't fit there, not to mention that two mature women are more than enough for 16 year old kid, without her hiperactive self getting in way...

8. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Power of Darkness AU

While this one did suck he wrote an alternate version where Harry did go with Voldemort that wasnt quite as bad.

9. Not a fan of Earl of the North, then?

10. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

From the very beginning, Harry seems dead set against his friends, marking the idea that this will be the cliche Harry!Independent fic that we've seen so many times.

One can tell Bellatrix is going to be "good" in this fic since she really didn't want to kill Sirius. :rolleyes:

Of course! Harry's so called "friends" are just looking out for themselves! It's amazing!

Harry lost a man who he really never got to know, and a man who's dead because of him. Remus lost his last real best friend, and Harry is an insensitive git while the author tries to make it seem like Harry was right to throw away the letter.

Then of course, a letter from Bellatrix saying how sorry she is and how she wants to explain everything.

Sigh...So within five minutes, Harry and Bella become bonded.

So of course, Bella never did anything wrong! The perfect way to explain off all her crimes and misdeeds so Harry can still be the "good guy".

At this point, I skimmed the rest of the story, and say other then the fact it's well-written, it's crap. I'll give it a 2/5, and say it should be kept out of the Library and Recycle bin.