1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fear the Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Caleb, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Caleb

Caleb Squib

I'm writing from the perspective of someone who's up to date with the maiden season, so some spoilers may be gleaned from the following if you've not yet given it a whirl, but I'm interested to know what the general impressions of those who've picked it up are.

The first season has wrapped, and as much as I found it to be an enjoyable little side dish while I await the return of the Walking Dead, already it doesn't really seem to be fulfilling its initial promise.

At first I thought it was going to be more of an extended look at the initial collapse of society, as by the time Rick awakes in the main series, things are already pretty fucked. So far it seems to have glossed over some of the bigger questions I'd have liked for them to elaborate on, and at the close of season one, pretty much seems to be progressing towards a beachfront version of what we already have.

Some decent actors and the core characters seem interesting enough, particularly Strand and Salazar, but it'd have been interesting to me for there to be more of a government perspective among the main characters. The fall of the military always has me scratching my head a little when it comes to the Zombie Apocalypse genre, and the final episode didn't really satisfy me in that regard. Aside from a few little bloopers, bullets bouncing off chain link fences chief among them, it looks like it'll be enjoyable enough, but I definitely had my hopes up for a more extended overview of the early days of the virus and the fall of civilisation, and pending flash backs it doesn't really look like it's in the cards.

Thoughts?