1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Fidelius by Ishtar - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Fidelius
    Author: Ishtar
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    Pairings: None
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 109,968
    Updated: May 21, 2006
    Published: November 3, 2005

Summary: AU. Due to Lily's choice of phrasing on the Fidelius Charm, it does not break when Voldemort attacks. With Peter on the run, nobody knows what happened to Voldemort, the Death Eaters are in disarray, and Harry Potter becomes the Boy Who Vanished.
    Link: http://ishtar.fanficauthors.net/Fidelius/index/

- Just 3 chapters so far, but it's been pretty interesting.

Checked by Minion, January 5, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  2. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Wow. I have to say I am impressed. There are no cliches in this story that I am aware of, although I am sure the ideas present will become cliches in the future. Overall well written and I can't really find anything wrong except the pace is abit slow, but in the way like the pace of the first book was slow. I like it.

3. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

me likie....but i want more!!

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Good start but I'll hold my judgement until I see what will he do with Harry's upbringing.

If he uses house elves raising Harry only to implement a bunch of cute and humorous scenes about baby-Harry and nothing else, then it would be a potential wasted.

If he has Harry learn magic from elves (popping and wandless), that would be cool.

We'll see, this can still turn either way.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Everyone, you MUST read chapter 4. I've never seen such detailed and well thought out description of Order of the Phoenix and Death Eaters ranks, including a very accurate blow-by-blow account of Voldemort's downfall.

This chapter is truly great! It's nice to see someone do some actual research and thinking before he/she starts writing.

6. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Read it. Good languish and a thought-out plot. Hopefully we will see a little bit more of Harry in the story soon.

7. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I concur with IP82 and Zev; extremely well thought out, extremely detailed, and extremely original. And this is using the word to its full extent mind you.

Can't wait to see the next chapter also; yeah it would be cool to see Harry learn elf-magic.

and, before I forget....

I WANT MORE!!! -bangs rice-cooker of doom out and slams table, throwing a Dudley-tantrum- :roll:

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Wow, yeah, chapter four is just...wow. I love how everything is so explained. Yes, this story is awesome.

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This is really turning into one of the best active stories in HP fandom. I don't think anyone can match this girl's characterisation and level of detail at the moment. If this was dark or independant Harry, it would have been my favourite.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

lol, Well, he is kind of independent, since he's out of Dumbledore's reach. And who knows, it could turn dark...

...or not. :evil:

11. DGD

DGD Headmaster

This is a really good story. I hope it updates soon.

12. Devil Incarnate

Devil Incarnate First Year

REALLY good story.

Hope it updates so I could say more. :D

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Favorite story i'm currently watching.

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Interesting concept. Would like to see it sped up a great bit, wondering who the author is going to play Harry's attitude when he's grown, considering the elves would bow to his every whim if they act like elves according to canon. Would hate to see him w/ a Malfoy attitude

15. Necrule Paen

Considering the fact that Harry at one point thought he was a house elf and to get Harry to act like a proper wizard they started being like wizards I would say no. It appears that this author looks ahead and makes sure that how Harry is brought up will match how he is going to act when he is older. So rereading those parts will probably give you a clue as how Harry will be later.

16. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

Looks good. My guess is that Pettigrew is gonna teach Harry what he knows of magic as penitence. It's gonna be great, I can just see Harry's animagus being a house elf so he can use their magic better (chap 5 is up if you didn't know.)

17. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

This story has just been updated, and I still find it very interesting and hugely entertaining. The amount of detail, the writing style and the plot are unique in their own ways. The fact that it all makes some weird sort of sense makes it even better. I don’t see how the author can go wrong in the chapters to come. The test of his/her creativity will come when Harry has to go back to Hogwarts, which is a point where many a story have fallen into hopelessness.

18. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yes, if she goes along with PS plot, it will be very dissapointing. Especially if she does it scene by scene only with new cool powers, like some people do.

19. Necrule Paen

Yeah but I just can't see her doing that. She has vested so much thought and effort into making these chapters so unique that I think it would work counter to her creative genius to do something like that. I am currently enjoying this fic more than a good number of the actual Harry Potter books, I would hate that to end whether it because it becomes cliched, abandoned, or even completed. That would be a sad day in fandom indeed.

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I hope that Harry will not be best friends with Ron and Hermione, get placed in Gryffindor, and have the PS plot. That will really ruin it all.