1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Filtered Fanfiction: Fandom Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moatra, Sep 23, 2011.

1. moatra

moatra The FFFN Guy

Howdy folks.

Now that keyword searches seem to be taken care of, please post in this thread your requests for which fandoms you'd like to see added to the Filtered Fanfiction site. Vote with thumbs, and try to keep discussion out of this thread and in the Filtered Fanfiction sticky.

Thanks! :awesome

2. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Naruto.

/filler

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

First Choice: Dresden Files (with Bookverse separate from TVverse)

Second Choice: Star Wars

Third Choice: Naruto (already mentioned)

Edit: & Thank YOU

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

All of them.

5. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seconding Dresden Files.

Yugioh (original specifically, though GX is fine if you can fit it in. probably one of the few fandoms more infested with slash than HP)

6. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Silverlasso says SG-1

8. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Dresden, BtVS, Firefly, SG-1.

9. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

Naruto, Bleach, Dresden

10. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The Dresden Files
    Star Wars
    Naruto

In that order. Naruto there are plenty of other resources to track down good fics, including a good number of fics in the Other Fandoms library here (Hashasheen's doing his part in keeping that well-stocked, lol). Star Wars fics are more difficult to find. Dresden again has a fairly big niche here so there isn't a shortage of fics in that fandom but, well, you can't exactly have too many good Dresden fics. :awesome

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  11. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

Firefly, Dresden, Starwars, Marvel/DC in that order

12. moatra

moatra The FFFN Guy

Finished with:

• Naruto
    • Star Wars
    • Bleach
    • Firefly
    • Stargate: SG-1
    • Stargate: Atlantis
    As much as I'd like to add Dresden Files, there are less than 700 stories between the TV and Book categories combined. I don't really think there would be that that much of a benefit gained by importing them. (I'm thinking ~5000 stories or so will be the cutoff point)

BtVS & Percy Jackson are on the backburner for the moment, but will be added eventually. Any more requests?

13. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

14. Ched

I'd like to see Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga, Anime, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -- combined or separate, w/e) on there, but I'm not sure if there is enough popular demand on DLP in general for it. It's probably my favorite manga/anime though. I'm slightly less fond of X-men, though I still read those sometimes and a previous poster suggested Marvel/DC, but it might be a pain to do something with them as they have several categories on ffnet (separate for the cartoons, comics, movie, etc.).

Other than FMA you seem to have nailed pretty much all of the more popular fandoms that I personally read. You do good work man.

A quick glance through ffnet using the "Browse" function shows me several apparently popular categories that we haven't listed: Death Note, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Shaman King, Yu-Gi-Oh, LotR, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, Pokemon, Transformers/Beast Wars, Teen Titans, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, CSI (various incarnations), Doctor Who, Law and Order, House, Smallville, Star Trek (various incarnations), and X-Files all have a fairly large number of stories, along with quite a few other series that I didn't recognize immediately.

I am not particularly interested in any of those, save perhaps Buffy/Angel, Pokemon, and LotR, but I thought I'd jot them down in case something on the list proves to be popular but got left out earlier.

There's also some categories that could go in other categories, like the Jedi Apprentice series of books has it's own category is separate from Star Wars, etc. I find that irksome because it's still part of the EU, yet most EU stories get put in the more general "Star Wars" category, but eh. Sorting through all of it isn't hard, and most of the good stuff is in the main category anyway.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  15. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Just because it hasn't been said, even though it will have the least amount of followers (even from those previously stated), Mistborn. I personally think there is a great deal of room out there for fanfiction but very little in substance.

16. Ched

I still need to read Mistborn, let alone Fanfiction. Though I think the OP is looking for fandoms we're interested in that already have a few thousand stories. If there isn't much out there to read then there isn't as much need for a filter to sort through it.

I really need to read those novels.

17. moatra

moatra The FFFN Guy

Alright. I think I've finally finished the new and improved backend for importing entire categories that should make my life much easier. Currently importing Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon as I'm typing as a proof of concept. Should it go without a problem, I should be easily able to accommodate most any request from here on out, regardless of size. =D

Edit: Couple of bugs (to be expected). I'll work them out sometime this week. Time for sleep

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  18. darkkitten

darkkitten Squib

Code Geass!!