1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

First Lords Fury (Cover Released)

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Jul 24, 2009.

1. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Flame on sword means Tavi can now externally craft. His last weakness is now gone.

3. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

Thats assuming that the cover is an accurate representation of things in the actual book. Butcher has said that his control over the details of the cover is not absolute. The flames could just be something the artist put there.

Though personally I hope its not. :)

4. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Could also mean that he's just having someone help create the illusion of fury craft. We've seen it before on the cover of Cursor's Fury.

5. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Already six books?

Damn, I've only bought the first one (which I didn't read yet) and I thought there were only three >.>

6. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

Well, this is the last one, so you will only have to read 6.

I don't know what to think, Princeps' Fury was such a disappointment that all the excitement about the series has been sucked out of me. Still, I hope Butcher is able to salvage something of a once awesome series with First Lord's Fury. The cover promises something good. Let's hope that the book concentrates on Tavi's badassness.

7. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

I actually liked Princeps' Fury. By all means, it wasn't outstanding or anything, but I certainly didn't think it was bad.

8. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

It wasnt bad. It wasn't Captain's Fury or Cursor's Fury but definitely far and away better than the first two.

Personally I want to see Attis and Antillus unload on the vord. I had a thought the other day about something. Remember in Cursor's fury where Max and Crassus lead the Knights Terra through the Canim? Imagine if Attis and Antillus did that? With oh so Bernard( yes 99% of cant stand him but he is a powerful earth crafter), a couple of lords, Max and Crassus.

9. Ph34r_n0_3V1L

Ph34r_n0_3V1L First Year

I want them to bring back the magnifying glass crafting from the end of Cursor's Fury. Like seriously, Tavi comes up with a crafting that is for all purposes a fricking laser beam, and then no one ever uses it again. For Christ's sake, there so many places where it would have been awesome --> like at the end of Princeps' Fury. Imagine all those Citizens providing the main focus down to Gauis as the beam controller? Total Annihilation.

10. uriel

uriel Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Couple problems with that.. wasn't it raining? with tornadoes? and strong winds? How many people could fly in the air and craft lenses? The bakers and tailors? Ditch diggers?

Also, Tavi came up with the idea precisely because he'd researched the Romanics.. How many citizens would think of using a Romanic concept and apply it to fury crating?

11. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Umm. Antillus just brought every citizen in Alera. Not too mention the fact that Antillus and Aquitane could probably do it by themselves. Also wasnt the weather fury crafted?

I do believe Tavi is coming back to Alera.

So to my mind this is definitely a possibility given the fact that this is extremely powerful and Tavi is not an idiot.

12. Sooner90

Sooner90 Groundskeeper

Yeah, that was a great idea, even though it was basically a rip-off of a scene in one of Modesitt's Black Order books. I can't remember which one.

I think it's a definite that Tavi is going to have some pretty killer furies at his disposal. As First Lord, it's pretty much a given.

13. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Is it just me or is it about time for the preview chapters to start being posted on Butcher's website?

14. Montclair

Montclair First Year

According to Jim's website,

15. Koalas

High Score:
    Jim usually releases the first five chapters on a weekly basis, ending at about two weeks till the actual release (iirc). So give it a week or three.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Three weeks then. So maybe all 6 prologue chapters ending a week before release?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Three Words; Dues Ex Machina. First Lord and Princeps will be the Alera equivalent of HBP and DH.

As above. >_> HBP/DH. So much of Princeps made me rage so hard I wanted to burn the book. When I finished it I was glad I had been disassembling it to scan it.

Invidia's lame as reasons for plotting Septimus' murder... Isana's duel with whats his face... What most made me decide I was done with the series was ALERA turning up at the end. FUck that.

To me it looks more like its on the city and just glaring off the sword. >_>

17. Koalas

High Score:
    Yes. The glare is so bad it's heating up the back of his sword >.>

18. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

<_< Damn straight.

19. bobtheslycat

bobtheslycat Backtraced

How much will this book cost?

20. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Probably $25 for the hardcover. That seems to be the standard. Once it goes softcover though, I think that'll cost $8.