1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

For DLP to continue - ban Yarrgh, Cady, Mourn and Master Slytherin.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spacks, Feb 14, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

For DLP to continue to be the last bastion of sanity, the people mentioned above need to be banned for their role in the removal of two of your most dedicated members.

For copy of the logs -

or ask either Bio, Xiph or myself for a copy.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

While I am not in favor of banning some of these members I am in favor of Raven making some concessions to the 'Old DLP' crowd as a way to demonstrate the veracity of his apology; because lets face it, if we were banning them for what happened the the same criteria would apply to him as well (and this is undoable for 8.5 million different reasons).

A simple two sentence "I fucked up" ain't gonna do it.

That's the kind of bullshit you feed to a teacher when you didn't do a Homework assignment.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I wouldn't say their views had a impact on my self removal.

It was more the utter backstabbing and flat out lies that did it for me from our birdy boy admin. I find it ironic that Vash gets an apology, after being shitted on twice over, yet someone who only did his job, is now looking at a PM inbox on it's way to being full for a THIRD time in under 24 hours, and I get fuck all.

His apology was insincere as hell, an apology for getting caught, not for doing it. There's nothing wrong with a person having opinions, but Mr. Darth Sidious wanna be over there has royally pissed off quite alot of folks judging from the stuff I'm getting. That log read like a meeting that followed other meetings, this wasn't totally random, it'd been discussed before.

Raven's folks and even he himself spun it to me like it was a user suggesting. It wasn't a user suggesting shit, he chaired that meeting, it was him.

Raven I stopped forwarding you PMs b/c I hate waiting 60 seconds to send another, so why don't all of you make your gripes public instead of just yelling at me to stay and how screwed up it is.

I'd also like to point out Zev needs to clarify his views on the site, as he admitted to me he supported Raven's actions in the logs fully.

Praise be to Mugglenet. So says the MIA Admin, the plotter, and the victims.

At least Yarrgh sacked up when I confronted him.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I agree to a degree, and then I don't.

Taure, Cady, Mourn, and Master Slytherin have done fuck all for this site. MS was a mod for something of a week before he started editing out jokes he didn't like, for fucks sake.

Ravens impossible to ban, but if he wanted to make a concession - kicking those cunts would be a fuckin' good start.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

On the subject of changing DLP into a Mugglenet clone, I do hope that our site Admins realize that Mugglenet already has that sector of the market cornered and that competing for dedicated posters will be difficult -- if not impossible -- this late in the game.

What I would suggest is consolidating your share of the fanfiction community, and that means playing to your base: not to your retard "i r teh just joined nd i no no wut i supos3d 2 du" casual posters and haphazard lurkers.

If you disagree with me, fine, you own the site and you run it. It's your call if you want to fuck it up or not.

6. Midknight

To be fair, mugglenet was a bit lower, just more kiddie friendly.

I just wanted it so folks weren't flaming the piss out of each other constantly, but I stopped enforcing stuff due to cries of being nazi and overly harsh.

Everyone deserves multiple chances, we're not Dumbledore, we can rehabilitate them.

Sound familiar? I left for a bit, folks got crazy, no one did anything. Retarded to scapegoat me and Vash when you had two other admin's who were as good as absent.

7. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Cady bitches and really fucked the whole site over. How can you ban Taure and Rob only, when Cady, Mourn, Master Slytherin, and Yarrgh were there too? I'm not saying bring back Taure and Rob, but at least make it fair and ban everyone involved.

Cady -- does nothing but whine like a cunt.

Mourn -- here for a while, comes back and acts like she has a say in things that don't concern her.

Yarrgh -- does a lot and has contributed. He isn't an idiot, and one of the more intelligent members. While we should ban him, I don't suggest a permban. Tempban is more sensible.

MS -- does some stuff, somewhat active as a Mod, but a complete dick in the logs. I suggest a tempban for him as well.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

DLR: You double posted bro.

As for Mourn, you weren't around in the old days, and based off of that I'm willing to give her another shot.

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Just out of curiosity - who is going to do the bannings now that Raven is the only (active) admin left on the site? You do realize you're petitioning this to him, do you?

10. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Before anyone say, You left, what are you doing here, keep your word etc. Here's a pre-emptive Shut the fuck up just for you.

Yes, ban them all, Delete Cady's account. It pains me to think that a site I was involved in had a member like that. MS, Yarrgh just need to be banned, too much shit. I don't know where along the line Yarrgh decided it was up to him to decide what the site needs.

In "fixing" this site all they've done is completely tear it apart. Who knows though, maybe some good will come of this.

Mourn, I don't really give a shit, she's a non-entity.

11. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I didn't ask for the Politics section, and actually, I think I was away from the site at the time of it's creation. But why should facts get in the way of truthiness?

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Mmmk, I've tried to stay neutral with all the DLP drama as per the actual forums, but now I feel obliged to say something. Stop, all of you. As one of the people 'victimized' by this whole cloak and dagger mess, I'm not happy with most of the people you're demanding be banned right now, but enough is enough. All this infighting is tearing the forums apart. Raven fucked up, he has admitted it and apologized. Let it go already. Please.

13. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Yeah, I know I doubleposted. I pressed backspace because it was slow and then it did the thing where it pastes two.

As for me not being around: I may not have joined at her time, but she was gone for a long time. Then she comes back and expects to still be popular. She might be, but she comes in after so much change and participates in the discussion that fucked DLP.

14. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Mere participation in the discussion cannot constitute grounds for banning. Otherwise Raven would have to ban himself, which isn't possible.

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Indeed, this was my fault - I pestered folks (mainly Mid) until it got made.

16. Midknight

17. Midknight

I wouldn't say that, you folks wouldn't think I'd totally abandon my baby would you?

18. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Evidently, you didn't read the logs. I was asked for an opinion, and I gave it. Do I stand by what I said? Yes, I do. Go fuck yourself, I'm not changing my opinion for a little pissant like you.

As for deciding what the site needs, you seem to be doing that yourself by decreeing who should be banned and who shouldn't. Nicely hypocritical there, aren't you?

And as for backstabbing, let me point at you and your shit-eating grin again. The #Pirates logs being passed around were from you, weren't they? Shut the fuck up, Darius, the least you could do is accuse me of doing something that you haven't.

And then, there's the fact of you exaggerating things to serve your purpose. Such as editing the log file and passing it around to make Raven look worse. Or such as blowing up the situation with how I asked you and Nullify whether you were passing the logs around. Remember that, asscramp? "Nullify got a full blown body-cavity search, lololol"?

I distinctly remember asking both of you straight up "Did you do it?", getting an answer in the negative, and accepting it from you then and there. Preparation H should solve your little problem of being an intolerable little hemorrhoid.

Now I'll take a moment to address the utter moron who started this thread.

First. Last bastion of sanity? I haven't seen you contribute SHIT to this site, Spacks. Posting "TROLL TROLL LOL" a hundred times, or saying "Fuck you, you fucken troll" another hundred times doesn't make you a valuable, or even fucking potentially useful member. Until you've done something for or on this website to deserve even the slightest portion of my attention, shut the fuck up.

And Spacks, despite his small handicap of having half an iota of braincells in that roomy little thing he calls his skull, brought up an interesting point.

Namely, my role in the removal of two of your most dedicated members.

What role? You've got a link to the logs in the aforementioned retard's post. Look through it before you condemn me, you fickle idiots. Did I even once say "Ban them or I'll leave"? Did I even once say "Remove such and such person's Admin status or I'll leave"?

No. I didn't. I did, however, state my opinion on people when their names were brought up. You've got a problem with that? Sorry, can't help the fact that I don't like you or that I don't like what you've done on the site.

Lets look at what else happened in those logs. Sera feels insulted by me for some reason, even though I didn't say a damned thing when his name was brought up. Okay, he says that he's offended because he considered me a friend, or close enough to one, and is insulted that I didn't defend him. I can accept that, I can see how that seems like betrayal. I returned with the fact that by his own admission, he's done shit all for the forums, but he says that he did a considerable amount, but never really talked about it. Okay, but I can't be blamed because I took his words at face value, and therefore didn't defend him. Although, I wonder...why would his name come up at all if he had, in fact, done a lot for the site?

And what the fuck is up with everyone accusing Raven, and us, of tearing DLP apart? You've got to be fucking blind if you think that wasn't already happening. Here I point at the PP3 thread, and the obvious split that occured from that point onwards. Sure, it (the logs) might have preponed the inevitable, but it was bound to happen. Tough fucking luck, people exist who don't believe in constantly being assholes just to get a community of people on the fucking internet to think that they're oh-so-awesome.

Yeah, I agreed that Vash should be demoted. Yeah, I agreed that Midknight should be demoted. So what? That's what I thought, that's what I think. I didn't once say that they were bad admins. I didn't say that they couldn't do their job. As I said to Vash weeks ago and to Midknight earlier today, in my opinion they did their jobs just fine. Somebody needs to be the bad guy and do the bannings, otherwise you have bullshit like we do right now. I'm pointing right at BioPlague here.

But yes, I agreed that they should be demoted. As far as I'm concerned, again something that I mentioned earlier today in IRC, both of them encouraged/let slide the bullshit attitudes of many members here. Darius, I'm referring to you again, as well as Xiph0, BioPlague, aforementioned moron who started the thread, etc.

The usergroups, that started a lot of shit too. Becoming an 'enforcer' in "La Famiglia Midknight" caused a lot of bullshit. As soon as it happened, for some reason assorted assholes decided it was their prerogative to go around screaming at members and generally waving their E-penises around in the air in an effort to get more recognition. It came to the point where being a part of that group was seen as being allowed to go about and bash people indiscriminately.

The rep system. Look at what it's degenerated to. People get repped for being backstabbers. Like Dwitbal, for instance. He's got 70 fairly plain posts on DLP, but he's what...10th or 8th or something on the list? How many of the members even knew who the fuck he was until it came out that he was the one who gave Cady's logs to Vash? But hell, he's jumped up some 300 rep points in the past 3 weeks or so.

Now lets look at other members, useful ones, like say...oh, I don't know...Dark Syaoran? 3000 posts, extensive moderating to keep the library clean, and generally just a nice guy. Nope...until just recently, he had maybe 80 rep points or so, now he's up to perhaps 230 or so. Huh? I thought the whole point was to rep people who deserve it, but apparently not. Apparently, the whole point of the rep system seems to be to make the people who scream the most and scream the loudest more 'reputable'. What sort of impression are we giving to new members coming in? That we're a community who slaps you on the back for being an asshole, and kicks you in the nuts for asking questions when you're new, being a little cocky, or generally not being the perfect member in the eyes of the chosen few. Have you seen Intro posts lately? Full of "I can see this site is hardcore" or "This site seems to be pretty harsh, I'll have to be careful when I post". What the fuck, seriously.

Look at BioPlague. Possibly the worst fucking member these forums have ever seen. Constantly mocking the site, its members and generally anything that finds his attention. His "I tried to be nice but you didn't like it" bullshit has a bunch of you fooled, for some reason. Look at his 'nice' posts. Full of bad grammar, bad spelling, intentionally trying to make himself as annoying and as stupid-sounding as possible, and don't forget it also came with a flurry of bullshit posts. He's a troll on the forums, and for some reason, whenever he makes a post, a bunch of people clap their hands and giggle like spastic idiots, then proceed to rep him for it. The only fucking things he deserves to get any rep for are the Potter Law thread (this was, in fact, an excellent idea), and the GoF thread (of which I can't recall the exact name).

Some new kid who comes here, makes an 'unsatisfactory' first post, immediately gets a shitstorm of indignant members defending the IQ of these forums. But BioPlague? Oh no, he's like the court fucking jester, isn't he? Despite the fact that he's constantly agitating members, starting arguments with people just to get his rocks off, and dragging bullshit onto the site when DLP members aren't sufficently mockable...he's just fucking hilarious to you.

Think back to before BioPlague was a member. Did DLP have even ONE massive forum argument like the last few months have seen? Even ONE? No, DLP was united under the common banner of kicking out idiotic posters, and doing what we did best: reading, writing and reviewing Dark Lord fucking Potter fanfiction. When did DLP's focus focus move to everything except Harry Potter? Oh...I dunno, maybe around August 2006. And for fuck's sake, when the hell did DLP members start bashing DLP members? We were the 'Bastion of sanity', as Spacks' thesaurus so quaintly put it, we were the one Harry Potter forum that spurned the rest and focused on quality fanfiction rather than canon-fellating drivel. We were the one forum around who were honest with criticism, unreserved when it came to deserved brutality, and the one forum whose members knew how to review a fic.

And now look at where we are. The members are squabbling little brats being egged on by an idiot who's probably laughing himself to sleep each night, even as people hold him up as the ideal DLP member. Here, I'll quote him, it seems to reflect my thoughts on this topic quite well:

Then we have the admins...and the administration's all pissed off at each other. Lord Ravenclaw's busy apologizing for something that he was entirely within his right to do, as the person who pays for this site to run. Sure, maybe he was a little mean in the opinions of some, but that's what he thinks/thought, so fuck you. Why the fuck should he apologize? He saw a problem, and unlike others, he was in a position to do something about it, as is his right. And he did it, but gets shit about it from members? Yeah, some of you are pissed, but you're being complete assholes to him.

I'm done with this shit. I've put a year into this site, and now I'm done. If banning me makes you think that this site will progress and improve, please do it. I'm sure BioPlague will come in with a cute little response, with an equally idiotic picture that has little to do with anything. Now that I wrote that last sentence, he'll probably add in a clever little remark like "Just 'cause you asked" or something equally unimaginative.

Raven: I'd appreciate it if you could ban me.

If anyone needs to contact me, send me a PM through FFNet or find me at Cervus and Rob's forum. Goodbye, DLP.

19. Dwitty

Dwitty Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Lol, I didn't bother to read what you wrote (too much for 6 am) so I did ctrl + f for my name. Interestingly enough, this came up. :)

You've repped me more times than anyone, Yarrgh. In case you forgot. So ... yeah .. stfu :D

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

You do know that the others have been banned and not you, right? Anyway, this thread is being locked because it'll just start another piece of shit war.

Oh, and it's not needed anymore anyway.

Oz
Not open for further replies.