1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Full Circle - tetsurashian

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Sorrows, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Title: Full Circle
    Author: tetsurashian
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humour
    Library Category: Humour
    Pairings: Harry/Tom (hear me out)
    Summary: Harry and Tom's souls are tied together. Which is why they're in this endless loop of rebirth. At some point, they stopped caring and just started fucking with people. (slightly crack AU w/ some seriousness) MoD!Harry, kinda soulmates!TMRHP
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11907443/1/Full-Circle

So this got recommended during that thing with Earthie and actually I've really enjoyed it.
    It is strange to say but in this slightly cracked setting the pairing really works. The basic premise is the Hocrux thing bound their souls together and now they've spent the uncounted lifetimes since reincarnating near one another, memories intact. After however long they went 'fuck it' and got together. This time around they've been reincarnated as their original selves (though Tom is diary Riddle, can't remember why.)

This is crack, but it's a nice good natured crack. Their relationship is played as a joke on the world but has a core of earnestness that makes it just pleasent to read. (Theres also no smut.) Obviously they are both pretty AU and mostly just fucking around with the original story lines but that pretty much works. The little assides into their various past lives are pretty funny too.

This is not some grand retelling of Harry Potter, but it I is amusing and I had fun reading it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2018
  2. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
  3. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It is one of the few slash fics that I enjoy.

It is more crack and comedy than romance, with Tom and Harry causing chaos at Hogwarts and abroad. After living dozens of lives, both of them don't care anymore and have changed and adapted. The fic isn't anything deep, or unique, but it does bring a smile to your face.

For what it is, 4/5.

4. MrBucket

MrBucket Fifth Year

I remember reading this a while ago. I was also wary of the pairing but ended up enjoying the fic for what it was (fun cracky time waster) anyway. Don't remember enough to give a rating or go into more detail yet, so I'm going to give it a read again. As Lindsey said, it's definitely more crack and comedy than romance. I don't think they so much as kiss until a few chapters in, and even then, it doesn't happen again for a while.

Harry saying everything Riddle said when Dumbledore goes to visit him at the orphanage was funny.

5. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

This was just plain funny. It doesn't try too hard, the mystery gives it something to Pace against nowm than just crack.
    The random setting pairing off is getting a little about, but otherwise I'm very pleased.
    4/5

6. Silly

Silly Third Year

High Score:
    This story desperately needs an editor to fix all of its minor technical mistakes.

Besides that though, this is pretty good crack. It stays lighthearted and humorous while still having enough content to actually be interesting. I thought I would be really turned off by the pairing but it honestly works out well.

3.5/5

7. KingRoger

KingRoger Second Year

This was just really sweet. The humour is good, the minimalistic plot is nice, I’m loving the little hints of other lives they lived. Grammar is a bit askew, but in a way that suggests it’s not their first language.
    4/5 for genuinely good humour and characters

8. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Full Circle has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 25
    Words: 67,139
    Updated: 2018-11-09 23:04:09 UTC
    Published: 2016-04-21 08:42:30 UTC
    Previously updated: 3 months ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.

9. zekses

zekses First Year

High Score:
    No. gay jokes are getting heavier by the chapter and at chapter 14 I decided that enough is enough. (2.5-3)/5 for writing, drop for content

10. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

So the slash story actually writes gay jokes? Or am I misunderstanding your review.

11. zekses

zekses First Year

High Score:
    I was led to believe that slash is less prominent in the story than it is by the prior comment in this thread.
    I do enjoy occasional slash cracks, but this one has uncomfortably big amount of moments reminding me that it is indeed slash.

12. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 26
    Words: 69,198
    Updated: 2018-12-31 06:23:02 UTC
    Previously updated: about 2 months ago
    New Summary:
    Harry and Tom's souls are tied together. Which is why they're in this endless loop of rebirth. At some point, they stopped caring and just started fucking with people. (slightly crack AU w/ some seriousness) MoD!Harry, kinda soulmates!TMRHP

13. Xion

Story Stats
    Chapters: 27
    Words: 71,334
    Updated: 2019-01-31 22:09:17 UTC
    Previously updated: about 1 month ago