1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

3. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Hecarim is so much fun <3

4. Jon

I have to say seriously; Fuck you people with your low ping on NA. Since starting on the OCE server my skill level has gone up stupidly. I'm managing shit that I didn't think was even possible for me.

5. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I made a account on Oceanic and the 250 ping was really a big effect on everything from last hitting to escaping.

6. Jon

Seriously right? You can't even cast most skills in rapid succession. I never knew that Renekton's dash could be used so quickly. I thought there was a second gap that you had to wait. Don't get me started on Zed's shadow or Leblanc's W.

7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Maybe I just suck then as the few times I've played Renek even when I've been spamming E his second dash always seems so delayed and I average around 40 ping.

Still, having played on America a few times with friends just screwing around and getting 180 - 200 ping, it's scary how much of a difference it can make when you're used to low ping and vice versa. About time the Oceanic servers were a thing after places like Turkey got their own servers because language. At least that's my understanding of it.

8. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Shaco jungle is OP as hell and hey I can actually go positive with him, to hell with utility/support junglers. Only problem is for a good portion of the game I had 200~600 ping so I kept blinking into walls and missing the small lizards/wraiths, but jungle changes made Shaco stronger because you don't need anything but buffs :3

Also tried Blue Ezreal rushing Iceborn, CDR boots and Last Whisper before even starting Tear. Much more damage and faster repositioning for E-Q snipes. Fun shit.

9. Jon

Do you have smartcast on?

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I really feel like I should start using smart-cast by now but ehhh. Ditto for unlocking the camera. I keep it locked 95% of the time and can't get used to not having it that way.

11. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Oh yes, and you'll probably never be able to stomach playing on NA again unless you are actually near the server. It's why when I went to the EU, I didn't even bother playing on NA after one game. My ping was like, 150? Or something like that. But there was a small time delay/gap between every skill and auto attack. Was basically unplayable for me since it was my first time seeing such, crap :p

12. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

If this was aimed at me - Yes, and I don't have the delay most keyboards/computers have built in reduced either so that probably explains the delay between the two jumps. I'm iffy about changing it because it'd be the kind of thing I'd forget about.

Smartcasting is... Good for some things, I generally smartcast everything as I get a general idea of the true range of a spell after a few casts, though it can be handy to leave the trickier skillshots off of smartcast, such as Lee Sin's Q as it's easier to aim.

That said, there are some things I'll never smartcast - Mostly ultimates, such as Rumble whose ult is retarded to smartcast.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Pretty sure he meant Zerg.

Also, turned on Smartcast to play Cass on free week in December 2011(about 1 month after I started). Haven't turned it off since.

14. Zerg_Lurker

Yeah I've had everything set to smartcast, as well as summoners and Item slot 1 where I usually put BORK and other actives, since I picked up Zyra because her seeds are smartcast. It only made sense.

It helps for the most part, keyboard faceroll champs like Ryze are ridiculous with it, but my Jayce is pretty shit. For Ez it saves me the time to click on arcane shift, ditto for Shaco's deceive.

15. Dante

Dante Slug Club Member

Did you turn on Smart Cast Range indicators or whatever that thing is called? If it's turned on, you can target while the button is pressed, activates when you release the button. Might help with skillshot targeting, because you're not doing it blind :)
    EDIT: if you click to move somewhere while the button is still pressed, it cancels too.

16. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

I've set everything to reverse of the defaults pretty much. Spell = Smartcast, shift + spell = Normal. All my items slots are smartcast as well. My summoner spells aren't smartcast though.
    Range indicators aren't really a problem for me. I just play a couple games/read on the wiki the spell range and I get used to it pretty quickly.

I do have Rumble ultimate on regular cast. It's annoying to change around the key bindings in game, but it isn't too bad. And being comfortable with your spells is very worth it.

17. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I do this too. It lets me be more accurate with normal casting for when i have the time to aim those Lux bindings from fog of war, but I can still do combos as fast as possible when i need to. The only problem I ever have is when get my item slots mixed up and accidentally place 2 wards in the middle of a fight when I try to DFG.

18. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I'd never thought to put item slots on smartcast, shows how often I'm buying something offensive item wise that has a targeted use. Summoners are smartcast, working on using the ` key more often which is currently champion only targeting for me. Should probably move it to shift logically giving how often my pinky's sat there doing nothing.

19. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Yeah, this happens to me as well every now and then. I've taken to switching my items around at shop so I always have the items in the right spots by the time I've walked back to lane.

20. Zerg_Lurker

Range indicators are on but the problem is that they aren't dynamic enough for Jayce. Where the blast lands depends on how far you are from the acceleration gate when you fire. Seems like something I should bitch to Riot about.

Not open for further replies.