1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good One Piece stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by kinetique, Oct 7, 2014.

1. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

So I've just binged 500+ chapters of One Piece, and am wondering if there are any good stories for it. I really don't feel like wading through ff.net to find some, so I'm hoping someone else has already done it.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I haven't found any I'd rate at 4/5 or higher.

Once Again is popular, but I didn't like it nor finish it. A post-timeskip Luffy merges with his 7-year old self after losing his entire crew in the future. He wants to do it right this time, etc. It's a 2/5 at best from me. There's another OP!Luffy one where he gets Haki at a young age, but I didn't think it was particularly good either.

Oddly enough the one weirdly decent One Piece story I can remember reading I can't find. It was a one shot, probably <10k long, that mixed crack!fic with serious!fic and the old theory that Crocodile is Luffy's mom.

...I still find that theory ridiculous, but some people make it sound almost reasonable. Almost. Maybe.

3. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

How does that even work?

4. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Devil Fruit shenanigans, I imagine. It's not like those things aren't magical enough for it.

5. Ched

Ah, let's see if I can remember the specifics...

First of all there's the statement made in the Alabasta Arc that Luffy is like Crocodile when he was younger and more idealistic, etc. It also halfway explains why he never finished Luffy off, even though his power level indicates he should have been capable of it.

Then there's the mysterious 'secret' that Ivankov knows about Crocodile's past that he doesn't want to get out. And Ivankov is known for turning men into women and vice versa, so it's an obvious possibility for the 'secret.' Ivankov is also close to Dragon, and if Crocodile is Luffy's mom then at some point he was close to him as well.

Oda drew pictures of the shichibukai as children, and apparently Crocodile looks highly gender neutral. Some think this to be intentional on Oda's part.

I probably missed a few pieces of 'evidence' in there somewhere, but I think those are the main points.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  6. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

I never found a decent story. I think it's incredible hard to write fanfiction for One Piece, because every canon character or storyline is just so damn funny and most of all unpredictable, that changing them breaks them somehow or other.

7. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

8. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Elaboration on what it's about would be nice. The summary leaves a lot to be desired.

9. Ched

Yeah, I think the best way to do it might be to either (1) start at a recent point in canon and write it out to the ending, or (2) write a self-contained filler arc and insert it into the story between canon arcs.

Sort of like FMA, One Piece is tight enough within it's arcs that there isn't much to change/alter without making it feel /less/ somehow.

10. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

A different option to write One Piece is to use OC or extremly underused characters and give them their own story, away from canon events. Some interesting but not overpowered powers (maybe a glass-fruit, similar to the wax-fruit of Mr. 3) and let them do their own thing.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  11. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Friends in Low Places

How well do you know your friends? Or your enemies? The two might be harder to distinguish than you believe. The ladies of One Piece experience separate encounters with scoundrels of the highest order.

12. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Probably one of the better fics in One Piece fandom,

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7387687/1/Asteria-Nightmare

This one is a VERY good story imo (at least when I read it several years ago). It's a story that focuses on a specific island, and what happens there. I can't really say much more without spoiling it :/ But dreams gets taken, and they have to get it back.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5077152/1/Though_A_Bird_Cant_Fly_Doesnt_Mean_It_Never_Will

A what if story, if Kuina never died.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4944986/1/Zoros_Directions

A short one-shot that I found funny. As the title suggest, it's about Zoro giving directions.

13. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

I really enjoyed Madara Uchiha in one piece fic, I read, basically it has while not a neutral Madara who is killed by Evil!Harashima, this is a really small part of the fic, and I didn't really care to much, and it wasn't really elaborated. It's basically a way to not make Madara evil. It's basically Madara as a scientist investigating devil fruits. It's sadly abandoned, but I thought it was pretty good. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6200500/1/Crimson-Sea

14. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

My favorite story that I've found has to be Subtlety. It's a story about Mihawk's past. Hasn't updated in over a year though.

15. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Sorry about that.

The story is set past the alabasta arc and its about someone managing to turn Zoro against the crew. How its done is interesting in itself. You get to see Zoro back in his pirate hunter days hunting down the straw hats one by one.

How the characters react to all this is very in character.

The technical writing itself is well done.

Just give it a try. I can almost guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  16. Syno

Syno First Year

Don't want to open a new thread, so I'll ask here: Are there any darker One Piece stories? I don't care if it's OC centered or about some side character.

I've been looking through ff.net, but all the badly written slash nearly killed me. It's worse than the naruto section.

17. Andy

Andy First Year