1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good Ron centric fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by WrongWayJordan, Jun 10, 2017.

1. WrongWayJordan

WrongWayJordan Squib

So, recently I read the Dementors Stigma by Matt Silver. Without spoiling anything, Ron has an awesome, badass scene in it. This got me wanting more awesome Ron. Ninety percent of the time authors make him into a complete idiot, and just bash the shit out of him. So are there any good Ron centric fics? Or even just stuff that has a good Ron in it? I've been hard pressed to find any.

2. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry Potter Without Harry Potter
    Midnight Blues
    Forging the Sword (if you somehow haven't already read it)
    On a Train, Switching Tracks

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

There's not many.

I second Forging the Sword. It's not Ron-centric so much as Ron gets a lot of screentime and he's done well, but it's worth reading.

Backwards with Purpose had Harry, Ron, and Ginny travel back in time. IIRC Ron had a larger than normal part there too, and he was done well, but it's Harry-centric.

The Red Knight ... is 3/5 at best. I don't really like it but it is currently still updating, so perhaps worth checking out.

Number Games is a shorter story about an aging Ron. I don't remember it very well, but I do know that I read it because it was on my favorites list (as is pretty much everything I read, good or not).

4. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Number Games remains my favorite one-shot, ever. One of those that I'd physically harm someone to get a full-length story out of it, but it stands on its own regardless.

5. cucio

cucio Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Within These Walls By: Solstice Muse Their master has fallen and their people are in Azkaban.All the remaining Death Eaters have left is 18 hostages and one demand...but the ministry doesn't negotiate with terrorists.WARNING:GRAPHIC VIOLENCE!
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Drama/Tragedy - Ron W., Lee J. - Chapters: 51 - Words: 211,157 - Reviews: 1,494 - Favs: 327 - Follows: 81 - Updated: Dec 9, 2006 - Published: May 18, 2006 - Status: Complete - id: 2944739

Long and well written technically. Read it long ago, so I don't remember it too well, but I recall there is a lot of physical and psychological torture, which may put off some people. Ron kicks some serious ass as a resilient hostage. The author has some other Ron-centric fics, including a sequel to this one.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  6. Hiraelle

Hiraelle Third Year

7. WrongWayJordan

WrongWayJordan Squib

Yeah, there really doesnt seem to be that many. I've already read a good portion of these, though I may do a re-read of some of them. I totally forgot about a few, mostly the one-shots. Agreed about the Red Knight. It's... Really not that great. I was current up to chapter 22, but I sort of lost interest after that. Might pick it back up just because it's Ron centric. Gonna check out Invisible Circus now, as that's one I haven't read.