1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good "Slytherin!Hermione" fics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by IAteAllTheBees, Oct 3, 2020.

1. IAteAllTheBees

IAteAllTheBees Muggle

I'm looking for stories where Hermione (and preferably only her) is sorted into Slytherin. I'm surprised by how few stories there are for this, and even fewer good ones, considering how simple the premise is. Many of them seem to shoehorn in the plot-point that she is actually a pureblood, which ruins the appeal of it for me. I just think it's interesting to see how she operates in an environment that is immediately hostile to her, where friendship and security are hard-earned, not simply given by default.

The most competently written one I've found so far is Applied Cultural Anthropology by jacobk, which hits most of the notes I would expect for a Slytherin!Hermione story, but is unfortunately dead in the water.

I feel like I've looked over most of the popular ones already, but I thought I'd come here to see if anyone knows any good ones that I may have missed.

2. Snowy

Snowy First Year

New Blood

Sorted into Slytherin with the whisper of prophecy around her, Hermione refuses to bow down to the blood prejudices that poison the wizarding world. Carving her own path forward, Hermione chooses to make her own destiny, not as a Muggleborn, a halfblood, or as a pureblood... but as a New Blood, and everything the mysterious term means. ((Short chapters, done scene by scene))
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure/Romance - Harry P., Hermione G., Draco M., Blaise Z. - Chapters: 246 - Words: 585,515 - Reviews: 26,397 - Favs: 5,587 - Follows: 7,112 - Updated: Jan 8 - Published: Aug 31, 2018 - id: 13051824
    This is the only one that came to mind, it is long and is still being updated!

3. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
    Hold my beer

4. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
    A classic:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11027125/1/The-Green-Girl

The Green Girl » Hermione is sorted into Slytherin; how will things play out differently when the brains of the Golden Trio has different friends? AU. Darkish Dramione. COMPLETE.
    Harry Potter, T, English, Romance, chapters: 22, words: 150k+, favs: 13k+, follows: 4k+, updated: Apr 26, 2015 published: Feb 6, 2015, [Hermione G., Draco M.] Harry P., Daphne G.

5. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
  6. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
    This one is good if you’re don’t mind the pairing:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/8132578/chapters/18642415
    The Anti-Heroine
    cheshire_carroll
    Summary:

Hermione Granger knows she's not a good person. Disillusioned with life at only twelve years old; she is cynical, manipulative, ruthless and, above all else, a survivor.

For six years she has lived on the streets of London with only her sharp mind and her sharper knives to keep her alive, but a letter from an owl changes everything for Hermione, and the bond she forms on the Hogwarts Express with a timid boy with broken glasses, skinny wrists and a lightning-shaped scar will change the whole of Wizarding Britain.

Main Pairing: Harry Potter/Hermione Granger/Tom Riddle

7. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
    Ok I think that’s most of the ones at the top of my mind - there’s another one too where they swap Hermione into slytherin and pansy to gryffindor in like the eighth year but I can’t quite remember it.

8. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
    Oh and if we’re throwing pairing preference out the window -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11568740/1/Brilliant-Magic
    Brilliant Magic » WINNER: BEST HONORARY MARAUDER FIC in the MARAUDER MEDALS, 2016! "Someday . . . you'll do it your own way, not theirs!" Slytherin!Hermione, in which the brilliant witch catches the attention of creative twin wizards. It isn't easy, though. Not all Gryffindors are vastly brave, nor are all Slytherins loyal to their own. FW/HG/GW, AU from Hermione's 1st year. Cover art by windyshoes!
    Harry Potter, M, English, Romance & Friendship, chapters: 43, words: 162k+, favs: 4k+, follows: 2k+, updated: Feb 8, 2016published: Oct 19, 2015, [Hermione G., Fred W., George W.]