1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gutenberg picks

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by cucio, Dec 19, 2020.

1. cucio

cucio Groundskeeper

High Score:
    As you all know, Project Gutenberg is an online library of free eBooks. I am subscribed to their RSS via Feedly, always on the lookout for new stuff to add to my eReader. The copyright expiration line is constantly moving forward, so new works keep falling under public domain and being added to the library every day.

Besides the well-known classics, (or not so well-known, what's a classic anyway?) these days there's been some influx of sci-fi pulp, I guess publications from the 60's that failed to renew their copyright. Epic kitsch galore, starting right up from the fancy cover art.

Anyways, how about a thread to share with other DLPers some of the stuff you enjoyed there? Maybe subject to the usual DLP review rituals? Discovering hidden treasures to the plebs is such a great chance to wax all pedantic and arcane. And it's all free!

Just to get the ball rolling:

2. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

Not really sci-fi, but I really enjoyed the pirate novel Captain Blood by Rafael Sabatini.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  3. cucio

cucio Groundskeeper

High Score:
    I only mentioned sci-fi because it's been appearing lately in the feed and it probably appeals to DLP demographics more than other genres, but I didn't mean the thread to be sci-fi only. Anything anyone thinks worth reading goes.