1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Haigeki by Xylix - T -Ranma/SailorMoon

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by CrimsonEmperor, Apr 10, 2012.

1. CrimsonEmperor

CrimsonEmperor Squib

Title: Haigeki
    Author: Xylix
    Rating: T
    Genre: Psychological/Action/Horror
    Fandom: Ranma/Sailor Moon
    Pairings: ---
    Summary: His friends kidnapped by magical girls, Ranma is pushed beyond his limits to retrieve them.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6892672/1/Haigeki

Notes: Searched twice. Didn't see this here. Gets good fast. Sucks you in and doesn't let go. Gut wrenching psychological fight.... And magical girls have never seemed so tortuously evil! The summary of this story doesn't do it justice. 5/5 for great writing and a very original plot. Haven't given a 5 on DLP forums yet but I'm prepared to defend this choice.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

No one else? No one actually read this?

We have all these furries pony-lunatics, but no SailorMoon fanboys?

I give it another week, but I don't want to move this into the library without further comments (but then - as no one is going to read it anyway, it doesn't matter).

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I love Sailor Moon, but I've only read a very very small amount of Ranma. Can the OP tell me if knowledge of Ranma is required?

4. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

To be familiar with it yes. Basic setting and background.

Also this seems familiar. Like I've read it before but reading it again. Eh. It cant hold my interest.

5. CrimsonEmperor

CrimsonEmperor Squib

Basic knowledge of Ranma and some basic knowledge of Sailor Moon. Seriously though this fic is great. I am someone who has never read or watched Ranma, and have only watched a couple of episodes of Sailor Moon as a kid. My knowledge of both genres comes from fanfiction.

But seriously, this is the author who wrote Seven Village Stomp and co-authored Eldritch Asylum! READ IT!

6. The DarIm

The DarIm Groundskeeper

I liked Seven Village Stomp and I really wish Eldritch Asylum wasn't discontinued.

But Haigeki sucks. The writing is technically sound, and the concept is pretty good, but the actual conflict in execution wasn't to my liking. I'd say 3/5.

Also, when it says "Magical Girls" in the summary? It means random magical girls, not Sailor Moon. At least not for the first four chapters that I read.

7. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

What the fuck? A Ranma/SM fic has been submitted to DLP and I somehow missed it. I've probably read more fics with this crossover than anyone on this forum. I'll take a look at it.

8. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Basic concept is that
    Usagi has an evil aunt who is training an army of brainwashed girls and giving them the ability to manipulate fate with the goal of world domination.
    (OF COURSE!)

Sad thing is that if not for the
    whoring out of said magical girls to corrupt politicians
    she actually would have made a better leader then Serenity would have.

Ranma is singled out because he can turn into a girl, and has an ungodly amount of potential apparently.

Still doesn't count for much against a
    girl that can manipulate luck to royally fuck your day up.

Still as of latest chapter you know that
    , that sword is coming out of the stone
    :awesome

9. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

More than anything, this reminds me of The Titans and the Lost Boy and its sequels. Lots of "theory" about ki and magic, interesting character interactions, and cool fight scenes. Definitely a 5/5.

With regards to the cross, knowledge of SM is totally unrequired, but some experience with Ranma is assumed.

10. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

I think this is one of those stories that fall into either a love it or hate it catagory. Unfortunately, I fell into the latter. I found the premise to be just pretentiously awful, the conflict barely held my attention, the characters felt flat at the best of times (with the rest coming across like cardboard cutouts), and there were parts of the story I literally had to drag myself through reading. It's technically well written, but as a story it fell very short to my high expectations. 2.5/5.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  11. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

New chapter is up!

Now that Ranma's finally out it's a drag out fight with Chiyo it seems.

Ranma also seems to be headed, characterization wise, in the direction that I've been suspecting for quite some time.

Two months can't seem to pass fast enough, maybe we'll luck out and he'll post the rest in one glob when he reaches the last chapter.

12. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

New chapter up.

Read the whole thing last week. Took me two attempts at it since the first chapter seems to make it out more like a crack parody/comedy than a serious fic. But pretty glad I did.

I thought the plotline was very creative. I mean, torture and brainwashing girls into loving 'cute' things? An entire organisation based around this? It seems completely ridiculous and yet when you're reading it, it seems serious and disturbing.

New chapter is a bit of a break after the crazy action we just had, but was still quite enjoyable - particularly seeing how Ranma comes to terms with anything.

Anyway, I'd probably give this a 5/5. This is really standing out as one of the fics I'm impatiently waiting for an update for. =]

13. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Soooo, anyone still reading this? New chapter.

Ranma in this chapter was honestly one of the most badass characters I've read. Loving how the author writes him.

Also really liked the meeting between Ranma and the senshi. It's an interesting dynamic, that he simultaneously gets treated as one of them and an enemy at the same time.

14. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Wow, have not seen this fic till now, and it's definitely great. My knowledge of Ramna is small, though I know a lot about SM (which doesn't really come in handy at all). Only a minimum knowledge of both stories is needed to enjoy this story.

5/5.

15. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

And another nicely long update to conclude this ridiculously epic, 50000 word battle. I usually find big battles like this in fanfiction poorly written and boring, but I read every single word in this on the edge of my seat. The quality of this fic has reached some crazy level in the last few chapters, and I can't even think of anything that has pulled off a final battle this well.

Garmr was an amazing plot device as an obstacle in the way of Ranma's plans and his fights with Ranma were great, along with the way he'd keep disappearing over the battlefield (rather than just getting defeated in one fight).

I found myself worrying that the final battle with Artemis would be lackluster compared to the main battle - but no, it was perfect. Her character seemed to make a bit more sense - her insanity seemed to make a bit more sense (looking at it from her point of view). She came across as cruel, but equally regal - she kind of reminded me of Gilgamesh from FSN.

I guess we're going to see a chapter (or two?) of aftermath and epilogue. Should be interesting to see how Ranma deals with setting up the new Institute, whether he will actually end up needing more mindwarping to suit his new role and how the rest of his crew will deal with it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013