1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Gabrielle

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by BsuperB, Nov 6, 2008.

1. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Hey everyone,

Sadly I don't think this one will be all that popular on here, but who knows - it's worth a short.

The pairing was Harry/Gabrielle, Gabrielle is taking part in the next Triwizard Tournament & Harry is the DADA teacher at Hogwarts.

They find out their bonded by blood (or somehing similiar) & if Harry does not love/marry Gabrielle by a set time, she'll eventually die. I remember Harry wiping out Gabreille's parents orchard when he finds out.

Dumbledore was manipulative and senile from memory, Snape was even more unbearable than usual, umm...

I can't really remember all that much else about it oher than I enjoyed it.. Had something like 12 - 19 chapters & was fairly length, 250k+ from memory. That's all, so here's hoping someone has the story..

It sounds cheesy & hell, the blood-blonded thing put me off, but I gave it a go & found it to be pretty enjoyable.

Cheers.

2. Brian64

Brian64 First Year

The story is Hope, by Jeconais. You can find it on fanficauthors.net.

You've got a few facts wrong though. Harry became the flying instructor at Beauxbatons (just an excuse to get Harry & Gabrielle together), and it wasn't a blood bond, it was a Veela mate bond that Gabby initiated after Harry saved her during the 2nd task of his tournament. Also, Gabby wasn't competing in a triwizard tournament, it was just that Dumbles decided to host a quidditch tournament between the three schools.

Brian

3. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

*Facepalm* Thanks for that Brian.

It was a very sketchy memory. Thanks for the corrections though & thanks again for the info =).

4. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I propose we extend the search to worthwhile Harry/Gabrielle fics, and resurrect the pairing like we did with Harry/Fleur.

5. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I'd be up for that, unfortunatly nothing decent springs to mind, will need to have a look about.

6. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Go put Harry and Gabrielle through the filter on FFnet. What you get is everything. That's it. The same was true for the Harry/Fleur thread, and despite the amount of replies, only a handful of fics were posted, that I found in a minute of searching. Nothing happened with it.

This kind of search would be more useful searching for a pairing with many stories featuring it, rather than just a handful.

7. Brian64

Brian64 First Year

From memory, Taking Hostages by The Caitiff wasn't too bad for a 16k short story. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3406522. Hmmm, I just noticed There's a sequel called Fugitive Fates that I haven't read yet. Cool!

I'd almost suggest Love Has No Age on ficwad, but that's a mini-harem fic with Gabby, Ginny, Susan and Luna (and I know what people think of Ginny here). I thought it was ok for a while... but started getting bored with it. Once the author painted Luna as the Hogwarts bike though I got really pissed off and stopped reading it.

Jeconais did write another Harry/Gabby 'fairytale' fic, also on FFA, and there is apparently a sequel to follow before Tim stops writing HPFF for good.

Brian

8. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

During Deathly Hollows, Gabrielle is 11.

I'm not judging or anything, I'm just saying don't expect anywhere near the following that Harry/Fleur has.

Oh, and can we skip the painfully obvious Vash joke?

9. The Dark Monarch

The Dark Monarch Backtraced

No we cannot. Blah blah pedo blah blah Vash blah blah blah.

Amirite? :)

10. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I'm just saying it'd be a hard sell to get it anywhere near the popularity of HEUR, not that you're going to go to hell for thoughts of tapping a tween. Besides, it took 'til DH for her to become anything more than a background character, anyway. She's barely got a fraction of the fandom history Fleur has, and doesn't have Clemence Poesy playing her either.

11. Brian64

Brian64 First Year

<nods> Yeah, I think that's why most of the stories I've read with Gabrielle either take place after she's at least 15/16, or use the 'Veela super!maturity' plotline to have her leap straight from child to babe.

Clemence is hawt, but it's not like there aren't any super attractive babes out there that couldn't have looked better. Does anyone remember how Michelle Pfeiffer looked when she was singing Cool Rider in Grease 2? Or for that matter, dressed up at the end of the movie. (http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/557/untitledgy0.png or http://vodpod.com/watch/174859-grease-2-cool-rider if you want to see the clip). Actually, I picture her more as Daphne now.. and yeah, she can 'burn me through and through'. :)

Anyway, as far as other stories go, wasn't there a Harry/Fleur/Gabrielle story out there with Harry as a technomage? Did anyone ever read it? (I remember not being able to get past the first couple of chapters to get to the shippy stuff.

Brian

12. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

most retarded thing ever if i remember it correctly, Azkaban! Harry, genius! Harry, abuser! Bill, Weasley Bashing in general, Mcgongall Bashing, Harry with a new identity that no one knows, and some other cliches liberally sprayed around.

13. Admonkeystrator

Admonkeystrator Seventh Year

Everytime I see Harry/Gabby I think "Arranged Marriage Angst", but it never happens. :( Always with the Veela bond or premature-veela-aging or something.

14. RJL333

RJL333 Third Year

I just had a idea, make a story where Harry is a pedo! It could be made into a one shot about Gabrielle, or it could be him just taking advantage of little girls (no boys). Could make a funny one shot like the one Big D made.

15. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

This is so amusing on so many levels.

16. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

17. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Excellent, I have fics to read now. Did not know about Gabrielle pairing fics on FFA.

18. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For someone who is going to be around school children a lot, some of Shezza's early writing disturbs me. Incest!Harry in Harry Potter and the Future Remapped (First Harry/Lily story ever), and now Pedo!Harry in that. Hmm...

*insert subtle female!Shezza pun here*

19. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    ...Wait. Shezza is a girl?

jk.

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Element - an old DLP member - was writing a Harry/Gabrielle story ages ago. It was Post-HBP but I'm not sure by how many years. I'm pretty sure she was at least fifteen years old and helping Harry searching for Horcruxes.

It had some pretty cool ideas. Not sure if he ever posted any of the story anywhere. Only reason I remember is because I was helping him with it before he disappeared.

Was shaping up to be a kickass story, too. :(

As for that thing by Shezza, he really should continue that sometime. Whenever. In the future. Hopefully not too distant. Yeah.