1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry goes to a non HP world

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by IBG, Jun 8, 2015.

1. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

I'm currently enjoying stories where Harry travels (willingly or not) to an unfamiliar world, especially any Star Wars crossovers, but I'm willing to read just about anything.

I've read a ton of HP/SW crossovers from FFN but there's only a handful there - not sure if there are other sites I could look into as I can't imagine Star Wars having such a little fanfiction.

I'd also like to read stories where Harry travels into past exotic cultures like ancient Egypt or some such.

My only real requirements are:
    -It's easy to follow with a relatively poor understanding of the crossover. I watched like 2 Star Wars movies more than 10 years ago and have very little memory of them but I was able to follow the fics I read pretty easily by sometimes just googling when I wanted more info, so it doesn't need to be a very simplified universe, I just don't want to read Harry being dropped into the middle of a conflict and just going on with little backstory because it's all assumed.

-Harry Potter remains Harry Potter: he can learn new skills and such but he shouldn't just go to a new universe, drop HP magic and become an entirely different character at the drop of a hat. Hopefully magic is still a powerful tool of his, but if it's a good story I don't mind it getting sidelined a little.

-Harry centric, and Harry is competent (so preferably adult Harry but I don't mind a good story where Harry is raised by someone else.)

-Only Harry gets transported. I don't care if he visits back home every now and then, but I'd rather read about Harry on his own making his way in a new world, not the trio or Harry+Sirius.

-------

Here are some of the fics I've already read and enjoyed. I've read a bunch of others but I don't remember which.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4961139/1/An-Army-of-One
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11212273/1/Herald-of-the-Force
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11157943/1/I-Still-Haven-t-Found-What-I-m-Looking-For
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9683932/1/Another-Magic

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Basis of some of the newer fics out there. Sadly abandoned.

If you know plums, then you know that this will be harem(with some questionable smut) but the story haven't gotten to that yet. It seems abandoned but according the author it is not.

Awesome story, needs a little more lore knowledge but manageable.

IBG
  3. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Here's another Harry Potter/Star Wars crossover:

Discordant

Sadly, no idea when it's going to be updated or if it will update at all.

Then there's this one, ongoing, of Harry Potter/LOTR, written by our Steelbadger:

The Shadow of Angmar

Only five chapters up so far, but I have faith in SB.

IBG
  4. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

Thanks for those. Already following The Shadow of Angmar (and his HP/Avenger's fic).

I originally skipped over Havoc side of the the force because I just assumed it would be a humor fic for some reason, but I'll give it (and the rest of those recommendations) a whirl.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  5. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Well, it's funny as hell. HK-47 is the best goddamn thing that ever happened to Star Wars.

6. Photon

Photon Order Member

7. South of Hell

South of Hell Third Year

The very first line (ignoring the useless pandering 'intro' that explains absolutely nothing and has nothing pertaining to the actual fic) is "Morganna's saggy "itallics" cunt "/itallics", and then Dumbledore's wrinkly ballsack.

Also swearing every fifth word just for the sake of pushing that 'M' rating.

Made it to the fifth paragraph (skipping the intro of course). I don't want to even try reading further, I was dubious from the synopsis alone.

/rant from someone with no weight on this board

8. Warburg

Warburg Seventh Year

With a 4.4 rating in WbA, you might want to at least give it a chance and read the first chapter before you pass judgement on it. That being said, some people just don't find that type of humor funny.

9. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

Finished Sword and Magic, which was probably the best HP/Star Wars crossover of the lot I've read so far, as well as Discordant, which I also liked. A shame they're both abandoned before really going anywhere.

Will check out the others starting tomorrow after I finish my exams. Are there really no other recommendations? C'mon guys, I need some good material to read. I'm not only looking for Star Wars, so I'm sure theres a ton of applicable stuff out there.

10. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Last second Savior is basically Sword and magic only in 150k words at the same pace.