1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Attack of the Clones by Lord Merril - T - Star Wars

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Zevrillion, May 25, 2005.

1. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Title: Harry Potter and the Attack of the Clones
    Author: Lord Merrill
    Rating: T(PG13)
    Category: Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi
    Crossover: Star Wars
    Chapters: 11
    Words: 44,377
    Updated: January 2, 2005
    Published: November 13, 2004

Summery: Harry thought his life complete when he vanquished Voldemort. He couldn't be more far from the truth, for he is thrown into a galaxy far, far away and into a time long ago to begin anew. A Star Wars Crossover.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2134100/1/

Checked by Minion, January 5, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  2. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

I wish this one wasn’t abandoned, since its one of the only ones I’ve been able to tolerate when reading crossovers with Star Wars. Most just seem like a bad knock off from the ideas this story presented. Does someone know if the author gave up on them or probably moved to another site? It would be a shame to see this story discontinued, even if it hasn’t been updated in years.

3. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I enjoyed most of this one. Not much to say it about though.

4. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

why don't one of your guys continue this. it might be enjoyable, hell you can even make it better with your own little twist.

5. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

I thought it was interesting that the author seemed to want to go with a Harry/Padme angle. I was curious if it was going to come down to a duel between Harry and Vader instead of Obi vs Vader.

6. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

harry would defanatly win. no questions ask. that guy has alot more experiance.

besides the fiction needs to introduce something different..

7. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

star wars fics

i really liked this one but im not quite sure i understood the knights of the old republic bit. Was it going to mean anything special and add more plot or is it just another thing for him to be famous for?

8. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was an incredibly good fic. The best HP/SW x-over I've ever seen and by far the most in originality. I really wish teh author would continue with this work, but he's gone off of the fanfic map, so who know's if it'll ever happen?

9. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Best HP/SW x-over ever...

10. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    yeah this was definitely the best one, I particularly liked the fight with Voldemort and the first few chapters.

11. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

It got a bit weird down the line and I didn't truly know if anyone knew what I was trying to pull off with the Knights of the Old Republic plot - I felt mainly, a failure at the craft. I took the missing negative reviews/constructive criticism reviews to mean that it was mainly riding on support of a SW/HP piece, not a good story.

I thought I was pretty bad at writing so I just focused on plotting. Since then, I've gone through ten different stories, all of them just alternate unviserses with little twists and what-not - most discarded....

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Merril, I liked the story well enough, didn't really have any complaints against it. The only thing I felt that was wrong was that it seemed Harry forgot all about magic and just focused on the force. I think, its been a while since I've read it. But otherwise, it was fine.

13. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

You took a lack of negative reviews to mean it wasn't a good story?

I'm guessing you see the logic when I put it that way.

This is the best SW/HP crossover. That's not saying a whole lot but I'd hope that would give you more reason to finish the fic. I've seen many that involve aspects of Star Wars appearing in the HP universe (often cheesy excuses for Harry's skill with a miraculously appearing light saber). knightblazer85 also has a Jedi Wizard series with a somewhat similar premise to this fic (Harry goes off into a galaxy far far away post-Voldie, trains in Jedi from Yoda I think) but it didn't have the quality of this fic's start.

But frankly, it seems like you have too much respect for fan fiction, in my opinion. Look at the quality of the majority of the other fics on that same site. Heck look at the other SW/HP fics out there. Write the best you can, treat it with as much respect as you want, and post what you write for some feedback. If you're not getting the reviews you'd like setup a forum for discussion, or use places like DLP here and a thread for your fic.

I doubt any of us are as familiar with the fic or story as you are, so you'll always have a more critical eye. But there's probably plenty of people here who will gladly volunteer to criticize the hell out of your fic, if it means you'll write more of it.

Though I'm curious what else you've written lately too.

14. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

There was an informal topic about this somewhere where I put my thoughts about this.

I'd encourage you to finish the story, as it was looking to be a great HP/SW story.

15. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

This is clearly the best HP/SW fic out there. It totally shits on Knightblazer's fic. (I enjoy his, but he totally forgets about magic and it seems like a total Star Wars fic with almost no HP aspect) This one has a really talented Harry who still uses his magic, and the writing is excellent. It would be a shame if you don't write more. My only problem was your KOTOR parts weren't entirely accurate. Revan didn't have a Force Wound, neither did Visas Marr, and Visas Marr's master, Darth Nhillius wasn't her husband, and Revan wasn't the Exile's, Visas Marr's, or Darth Nhillius' father. I liked how you gave Harry a force wound though, is it from being hit by the killing curse or killing Voldemort?

16. Count Azurit

Count Azurit Guest

You didn't finish this masterpiece, this fic of fics because you thought you were A FAILURE AT THE CRAFT?

<hysteric laugh>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA</hysteric laugh>
    <hysteric laugh turning into pitiful sobs>HAHAhahaha hhhmmhmh sobsobsob</hysteric laigh turning into pitiful sobs>
    <torrents of tears>weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee</torrents of tears>

BTW I loved the KOTOR parts in there ...

17. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Bumping is bad enough.

Bumping and THEN double posting is worse.

For future referance, any topic that hasn't been posted in for over two weeks shouldn't be posted in.

Also, you see that little button in the bottom corner, the one that reads EDIT, use it, don't double post.

18. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I merged the posts, don't double post Count Azurit.

Gullible, as long as it's a story thread, bumping is allowed. Only when the bumper has something relevant to say. In this case...it was just plain moronic. Just like the double posting, don't do it again, Azurit.

19. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    I know Sree, just forgot to clarify that it was allowed in the library as long as it had meaning.

20. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Since this thread has already been bumped:

I wish you would continue this fic. Even though it has been close to the SW canon in the beginning, I like the changes that came in the last chapter, especially Harry posing as Syfo-Dias and Harry and Padme bonding, basically turning Padme away from Anakin.

As it has already been mentioned, a bit more use of magic would be nice, but other than that I have nothing to complain about.