1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Grim Decision by Nanio-713 - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Shezza, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Title: Harry Potter and the Grim Decision
    Author: Nanio-713
    Pairing: HP/CC...so far. It also may become HP/NT
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 23
    Words: 115,920
    Updated: August 27, 2008
    Published: December 3, 2005

Summary: AU. 6th Year. As harry begins mending the fences with his exgirlfriend, Cho Chang, He's captured by Death Eaters. Soon after, a chance meeting and a certain agreement helps Harry find the power he needs to destroy Voldemort.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2687808/1/

Hey,
    I could have sworn that I had seen this story in the library somewhere, but when I checked the Search and the Independent Section, it wasn't there. If I have missed it somewhere, delete this thread please.

That said, I enjoyed reading this story. Although the summary sounds corny, this story isn't too bad. I easily skimmed through the romance fluff parts and got right to the good stuff, where Harry fights Death Eater's, gets captured, gets tortured, murders Rodolphous and manipulate Bellatrix into joining him as his personal spy.

There's quite a bit of HP/NT bonding, and she has a little bit of a crush on him. At the end of the last chapter, Cho and Tonks have a little bit of a bitch fight over Harry, so imagine that they're dressed in bikini's and covered in mud and it's a teenage boys wet-dream......

Seriously, once you struggle past the first few fluffy chapters, the story gets much, much darker. For Dumbledore haters, Harry is still pissed off at him and doesn't hesitate to tell him. Dumbledore isn't the normal pathetic manipulative Dumbledore, thought he really hasn't said much. From what the Author said, I gather that he won't be a big part of the story.

Checked by Minion, March 24, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  2. CGB

CGB Auror

Hmm. Yes, after the first chapters it gets better, but I don't really know, if I really like it. The whole thing with the Death seems a bit odd and I'll have to wait for more chapters to judge this properly. It seems interesting though. Overall I judge it's OK for now.

3. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Great story reccomended but I hate cho, he needs to get with tonks and quit dressing colorfully he's the fucking grim reapers protege for god sakes wear a black robe and cloak 4 out of 5

edit:I've invited him in my review

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  4. Nanio713

Nanio713 Guest

I'm glad you find my story ok, at least. This is my first real story so I'm kind of slogging through it.

Everything I'm doing in my story (besides a few oversights like the use of the Dark Lord's name) is deliberate. The bright clothes, the romance, etc. I am using them for a more visual descent into darkness. I don't know if it'll work or not, but hopefully readers will stick around long enough to see if I'm doing a worthwhile job. I don't know what else to say, so I'll shut up now.

5. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Read it. Not a bad fic. I've never seen a Grim Reaper Harry fic before so points for being different. Its not bad but its not the best fic I've ever read

6. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I enjoy it. It's not the best, but it's good enough that I check for an update every few days or so.

7. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Its a good fic. I'll give it a 4/5....but if it goes Harry/Tonks/Cho in the end, i'll give it a 5/5 just on principle ;-)

Nanio: Very nice...I like the romance, so Ihope you don't make Harry cut all his connections. If Harry/Cho or Harry/Tonks can stick as the relationship all through the fic, that would be great.

8. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

This fic merits a pass in my book. While the idea is a tad bit far-fetched it still was a good read and an interesting pairing.

9. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

Thought it was kinda weird and unrealistic how he can over come the dementor when in his third year it caused him to faint on the spot... but other than that it was at least fairly cliche free. So I think it was pretty good. Recommended.

10. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

The story is much too girlish for my tastes. I can't take the clothes shopping, the crying girls, cat fights. Cho, Tonks and Bella are all nicely romancing but he doesn't go into anyones pants. The Ginny things in the background are as annoying as Cho's behaviour, which is close to the classical gin-slut.
    Average at best in my opinion.

11. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

It took me awhile to get into it, but it is a good read. The Death aspect makes it harder to take the story as seriously as I think it might be intended to be, but it's still a good fic, so definitely recommended.

12. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

The death aspect is good.So is the Grim Reaper thing. At last a fic where Bill Weasley doesn't fall to his knees and licks Harry's ass clean.

I don't have anything wrong to point that hasn't been pointed out already, Yet anyways...

13. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

I couldn’t get into the story. It just doesn’t catch my interest in reading it.
    Average!

14. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I just re-read it, and I was quite annoyed reading that Vernon beat Harry when he was a kid and he let them fucking get away with it.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This will be moved to the General section unless the author states otherwise. People, when you add a story, you need to put the section you think the story would fit into. Okay? Good.

16. Vtigo

Vtigo Second Year

Any one know if this fic is gunna be updated again any time soon?

17. Vascudo

Vascudo First Year

I think it's pretty good,no glaring spelling errors,and decent plot.
    But my "Author will fuck up" sense is tingling.

18. jaspernoone

jaspernoone First Year

I see what you mean, this story is rather well written, and from what I can see, few if not any gramatical error's. Thats one of the big things that irks me the most, the plot is slowly coming to life and it gets more interesting the longer you read, I only hope fore faster updates.

19. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

A new chapter of this story finally urged me to read it.

Not bad, but I do agree that ATM Toonks seems like much better choice for Harry then the whiny bitch that Cho is made out to be. Also I'm a bit sceptic about giving Harry melee weapon instead of wand, but I guess we've yet to see what will come out of it. Lastly, I never could accept the idea that Harry's ignorance of his own limitations is what's making him stronger.

Other then these few peeves, this story seems like a well-written old-fashioned kid-power 6th year fic. We'll see how it develops further.

4.5/5

Oh and a proper category for this is "Independent Harry".

20. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Yeah, I think this is Independent Harry rather than General. There are some spelling/grammar errors, but not many. The chapter about his time as a captive was good. Hedwig is somehow a male owl, though.

The Death thing is original, but not very good. Why does Death live in England? What was before the contract with the ministry in the middle ages? What does the Muslim leader who recaptured the holy land back from the crusaders have to do with this? Also, Harry is too busy to do important things because of the war, but he is not too busy for Quidditch.