1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Harry Potter and the Lost Archive by Ynyr - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Hue City Ranger, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Hue City Ranger

Hue City Ranger First Year DLP Supporter

Title: Harry Potter and the Lost Archive
    Author: Ynyr
    Rating: M
    Genre: HP/Dresden Crossover
    DLP Category: Other Fandom/Alternates
    Pairing: Harry Potter/Ivy (Archive)
    Summary: In the aftermath of the Battle of Hogwarts Harry meets a powerful magical practitioner named Ivy who asks the young hero for a small favor. She wants him to be the father of her children.
    Link: FFN

This is a story I've been following since I stumbled across it while searching for HP/Dresden crossovers. It's a guilty pleasure for me but just might be library worthy. We'll see.

I rate it 4/5

2. DarkAizen

DarkAizen Professor DLP Supporter

I don't think Ivy could kill Kincaid.

I just cant get pass chapter 2. I know Ivy has the knowledge of all Archives before her, but I like that to think of her as just a girl who knows everything, not this super-wizard Mary-Sue who can bitch slap Titania's henchmen.

Does it get better?

3. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Not really. Chapter four has Kreacher and Hermione get into a soul bond, and Ron eventually starts having sex with Lara Raith.

I thought this had some decent potential myself, back when it was first mentioned in the Almost Recommended thread. Even wrote a nice review and hoped like all hell the story wouldn't crash and burn. It did. Competently written, but I just really disliked the direction taken by the author after a bit, mixing both universes with little of the charm of either. It's a shame, and I'll put my vote for this to go to the Recycling Bin at best. Should've stayed in the Almost Recommended thread.

4. Tylendel

Tylendel Seventh Year

The story had great potential. Ivy choosing Harry to father the next archive may have been an interesting idea, but it wasn’t well done.

The fact that Butcher’s magical word is so much better than Rowling’s in term of balance of power irked me a little. Harry having no choice but to do what Ivy told him. Hermione marrying Kreacher, who’s a dark elf (like all others houses elves). I could continue like that for a long time.

1/5

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This can only improve if Lara eats Ron, Hermione gets ripped apart by Kreacher's groinsaw and Ivy/Harry decide to say fuck it to the world and attempt every sexual position written down in the history of mankind.

6. Knoq

Knoq Temporarily Banhammered

Oh my god. I gotta read this. It's too stupid. It draws me like a moth to a flame. I must consume the retardedness.