1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Power of the Past by Lord umbrex - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Nasser Himura, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Nasser Himura

Nasser Himura Squib

Title: Harry Potter and the Power of The Past
    Author: Lord umbrex
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: Alternatives, or General
    Pairing: HP/NT
    Summary: This is a complete AU- Harry Potter is a 21-year-old wizard, who’s on top of the world. He’s rich, in love, and loved by all, but his life is turned upside down as a spiral of events leads to the ultimate battle between good and evil. Can Harry lead the fight for the light, but yet manage to keep his life together?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3594614/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Power_of_the_Past

Quite a good story starts out a little rough but overall it turns good, not much action now but it seems like it's about to get interesting. I suggest reading it for sure.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

It'd make a pretty good sitcom.

3. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Its ok I guess... It moves way to fast for my liking and there isn't any page breaks when the scenes change it kinda just flows through in an unnatural kind of way.

it could get better though in only in chapter 2.

Seldon.

4. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

18 Chapters in and the story is just really beginning. Other than that I like it so far. Though like I said 18 chapters in and the story is really just beginning. So I still don't know what direction the story is trying to go in.

Something that is bugging me though, is a lot of the names that the author is dropping. Not sure if they are OC's or people that I just over looked reading the books.

I'll give it a tentative 4/5 if nothing more than it seems to be the most decent (believable?) HONKS!!! fic that I have read in a good while. Though I withhold final judgement until I can see how the story is going to turn out.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  5. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

the plot seems... I dunno, tired somehow. Harry is an extraordinarily powerful hit wizard who has been personally trained by Dumbledore. Has perfect moral code, and is good friends with all the people in power except Umbridge who is somehow still on the wizengaumet. (which harry turned down a position on as he didn't think he knew enough even though he's a natural prodigy.)

Decent I suppose, but there's no real rise or fall to the plot, and harry has no opponents worth mentioning for at least the first half of the story. I couldn't focus on it anymore after that....

2.5/5
    No re-read value, and little to keep your interest the first time through.