1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and Wand of Uru

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Fireblade5, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Fireblade5

Fireblade5 First Year

Title: Harry Potter and Wand of Uru
    Author: aliencouthct
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Romance
    Pairing: Unconfirmed
    Summary:Wishing upon a falling star, 17 year-old Harry ends up in the body of his 10 year-old self, in a world where nothing is quite the same. How will he handle being a 'normal' boy in an unknown world?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4354353/1/Harry_Potter_and_Wand_of_Uru

As far as I'm aware this hasn't been posted before.

It's a powerful and independent Harry story, Harry's original universe is not canon therefore he is significantly more powerful than canon Harry. It was influence by Silveraegis' Shadow Mage story that he discontinued.

Truthfully I think this story is utterly Brilliant, I had originally thought that Harry being in possession of a wand that could shift into a hammer capable of manipulating lightning would be...absurd...ridiculous but it isn't. Somehow he's pulled it off and I'm impatiently waiting for an update; updates that used to occur every three days. :mad:

Whilst the story of Harry being thrown into another dimension where his parents are alive and he has siblings has been done before, this author has taken a slightly different take, such as the inclusion of Norse magic and a different upbringing, whereby he was educated by Dumbledore and the Flamels.

Nonetheless there is some humor present this, for example, really made me laugh:
    In addition to this the impression that there could be major changes to the canon storyline has me intrigued as many 'Harry thrown into alternate dimension' stories seem to regurgitate the canon with minor changes

Overall a 4.5/5

2. merchantofam

merchantofam Fifth Year DLP Supporter

Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not a remake of one SilveAegis stories? An all powerful wand doesn't really make the story any different from cannon, after all the HP had the Elder Wand. The characterization of Harry is somewhat lacking in many places, I mean he is supposed to be what 17? 18?, his actions neither reveal his maturity nor do they reveal his power. I can understand that he is trying to 'blend in' but doing so would makes him seem incompetent.

The scene with the Sorting hat "can you please lower your occulemancy shields" doesn't make sense, even if the Sorting Hat couldn't find Harry's inner thoughts it should still be able to speak within Harry's mind.

Finally, what's the deal with marriage contracts? Sending out contracts at 11, what kind of society is that? I mean it would be sensible if the daughter's parents send out their contracts when the possible groom is at least 16 or 17 but 11?. 2/5 only because its has a sensible hook point.