1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter: The Puppet Master by darkschw - NC-17

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Inquisition, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

Title: Harry Potter: the Puppet Master
    Author: darkschw
    Rating: NC-17
    Genre: Dark
    DLP Category: Dark Arts
    Pairing: Harry/Harem - (So far includes Pansy, Cho, Hermione, Ginny and Narcissa)
    Summary: Harry's desires have been denied too many times and he has been controlled from the shadows for too long. He gains new powers which help him get the things he's been refused and takes control!
    AU 4th year.

Link:
    http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=35440

I don't think this is too bad a fic. But judging from my last two recs, what the Hell do I know?

4 / 5

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah I've read a bit of this - I loved the central idea of the Puppet Master but it was annoying how the author concentrated on it a bit too much; it should have been part of the plot, not the whole plot. Harry should have learned other skills as well as the puppet master skill.

The convenience of the RoR was also rather annoying, though this story isn't really that serious.

3/5 (Would be 2/5 if not for how much I liked the idea of the puppet master skill)

3. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I read this and I gave it two thumbs down.

5/5 for a good idea.

-4/5 for only having a good idea but not a good story.

1/5 total.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yup, the idea was great, but the author's teen fantasies took him too far and ruined what could have been very interesting story.

The biggest downside, beside the lack of any sort of real purpose behind all this, is the ease with which Harry gains his skills. The way he described it, ANY shmock can find these ritual books and turn themselves into a god; no special skill, luck or sacrifice is required. One has to wonder why pureblooded families don't do that by default for all their children.

On the upside, vicious attacks at Snape and Draco were super-sweet. Too bad he didn't make them a bit more meaningful, instead of mere school-yard vendettas.

On the whole, a good read for smut lovers, but failure as a plot-driven story. 3/5

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  5. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

I can't believe I actually read this shit. 1/5

6. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

is it just me or does it sound like this author is compensating for some sort of self deficiency in the real world. He has harry go through a ritual to make his cock bigger. how uneccesary is that. If he can make the chick have any emotion he wants who needs a big dick. Its not the size mate, its how you use it. idk, maybe a 2/5 cuz im feeling generous.

Edit: sorry inquisition, i guess three times the... not charm? better luck next time

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  7. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... I discovered this gem days ago. Pathetically weak.

-1/5

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Methinks it's definately compensation. Anyone want to ask the Author in a review?

9. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

Could of been a really cool thing with harry being all manipulative and hell still having a harem but this story is just smut with some weird violence scenes thrown in to maybe add a plot.

0/5

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Lol. This is the biggest fail I've read in awhile.

11. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A truly fascinating idea - that is truly written extremely badly. Unfortunate, because of the real potential in some of the story. I'll be honest, I'll probably keep reading the story, but I'm skipping past essentially all the smut because it just annoys me. So anyway, good idea (in theory), bad idea (in execution).

1.5/5

-J