1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry's brother is BWL question

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Aekiel, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Has anyone read a story where Harry's brother (be it twin or not) is believed to be/is the boy who lived where Harry is NOT abused, likes his family and believes his brother is the boy who lived? It'd be basically the same Harry as in the books, but without all the attention he gets from being the BWL. Optional have Harry & brother learning about their true paths in life without all the angsty, I-hate-you-all emo crap?

I know it seems strange and disturbing, but there may actually be some stories like that out there?

Aekiel

P.S. Don't ask me why but I had an urge to read a story like this... I must be going insane.

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

That sounds...boring. Basically, you want a story about a normal kid with a normal family, nothing really extraordinary about him, except that he's a wizard. Kinda unrealistic too in my opinion...I mean, if my brother were famous for something he couldn't even remember and got lavished with attention from all sides while I got left in the cold (figuratively speaking), I would be at least somewhat bitter about it. Harry not being abused, I can understand and agree with though.

3. THE Gödel

THE Gödel First Year

I read one recently where Harry's brother is supposed to be the Boy-Who-Lived, he is not abused, he doesn't really like his family all that much but he doesn't hate them. He goes to Durmstrang and apparently he is going to be traveling for training or something like that. It's not perfect, but not that bad either. It has only three or four chapters so far and is fast paced, but it's an interesting idea. I believe it was "Knowledge is Power".

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, I meant that Harry is the BWL really but his brother is mistakenly named as the hero. That said, Harry leads a life with his brother and parents and is not abused/neglected/hated/etc. and does like his life. His brother gets loaded with all the attention but Harry is basically the same person as canon and dislikes any fame he gets.

Differences could be that James/Lily die and they both go to the Dursley's, which makes for a near canon Harry or he could be adopted by some nice people and only learns of his brother when he gets to Hogwarts.

Aekiel

I basically just want a fic where Harry isn't seen as the BWL for a while but is not a whiny, emo, bitch with a sob story starting from Haloween 1981.