1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry's Second Chance by DrT - PG13

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by DarkTosser, Apr 10, 2006.

1. DarkTosser

DarkTosser Squib

Title: Harry's Second Chance
    Author: DrT
    Rating: PG13
    Genre: Alternate Universe, Action
    Pairing: H/Hr
    Summary: The Last Battle has been fought, and Harry Potter has won. The price, however, has been high. Too high. Nearly every person Harry cared for is dead, maimed, or otherwise injured. The magical culture of Britain might never recover. Luna Lovegood, however, knows a secret which will give Harry a second chance, a chance to make a better future for himself and for most of the people he has cared about.
    Link: http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/drt/HSC.html

Usually, all his works are rather similar but this one seems to be more original and it has potential.

2. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

I might just read it.I loved his story back then when I liked H/Hr pairing.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I'm wary to click the link because as you said, most of the authors works are similar with minor differences. Get's kinda boring, especially when its from the same author.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Meh, it's OK I guess.

A bit dry and to the point writing style, but at least that means no angst or sappiness. He also has this fascination with kids forming armies and changing the world (same as Jeconias), but if you get over EVERYONE working together (incluiding 11 year old Ron and Draco), this is more or less an OK effort.

5. DarkTosser

DarkTosser Squib

Yeha, i might have been a little over-enthusiasmic...
    :oops:
    what i meant is that, compared to his over works, it could turn into an OK (not great) fic.
    Blame my enthusiasm on the number of crappy fics i've found on ffn recently... :headshot:

6. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

One thing about Dr. T is that he updates often. And there is a nod to the BLOT

7. Dragon Watcher

Dragon Watcher Third Year

I liked the story when I first started reading it but I lost the story and was too lazy to look for it so this make it easier. I wonder if I'll still like it?

8. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Updated, more of the same. A flat story. If it doesn't have a bang up ending
    it may be my first trash bin vote. I was happy when DrT decided to do a time travel fic, now I am thinking he should have spent his time doing something else.
    He has several other stories he could work on, or something fresh.

9. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Updated, now with bang up ending and quillian channeling.

I think the next DrT will be better than this, But I have been wrong before.

10. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

The story is complete. Posted on ficwad. I would guess the last two chapters will be posted on fiction alley shortly. Ho Hum.

11. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Not a bad fic, in the end. Actually, if there weren't for the utterly idiotic Hermione fangirl-ism and the whole soulmates deal, it'd be even better. Still a long and completed fic, with powerful and relatively ruthless Harry is always a good thing. 3.5/5

12. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I used to be a bit of a DrT fanboy ("Scenes from October" and "HP & the Six Virgins" got me to read the rest of his stuff), but he falls into the same trap as the majority of H/Hr writers, which is writing SuperSidekick!Hermione

I hate that by virtue of being Harry's girlfriend/soulmate/whatever, Hermione is transformed from a plain-looking girl with an above-average intellect and below-average social skills into some kind of goddess who all but kills Voldemort for Harry. I hate the idea of some kind of cosmic romance (whether it's with Hermione, Ginny, Luna, or whoever), but I seem to truly loathe the variety that features Hermione because her characterization is always so mangled by the end.

I'll admit that I only read the first few chapters of this story before I saw which way the H/Hr winds were blowing and quit reading (even though it was nice to see T get out of his HP/LL rut, I'm sick to death of H/Hr)... That said, I'm looking forward to whatever he writes next.

-Sean

13. Arne

Arne Squib

I liked it. I dont think I will read it again, but its ok story.

14. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Strike One. He kills Luna.

Strike Two. Hermione Fanboy Shit

Strike Three. Soul Mate Hermione "married by the end of second year" fanboy bullshit.

YOU'RE OUT!