1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

HBO's Watchmen

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Arthellion, May 8, 2019.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion The Chosen One

High Score:
    This looks interesting...

2. Celestin

Celestin Master of Death

It's just a teaser, but at the moment if they changed a title and nothing else, they could pass it as an original setting.

3. Lord Of The Sand Grains

Lord Of The Sand Grains First Year

Watchmen without blue dong, is no Watchman.

4. wordhammer

wordhammer Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

I'm intrigued. The end of the original put Veidt's save-the-world plan in jeopardy due to Rorschach's journal. This looks like the logical extension of what happens next. If Jon appears at all, I could see him being Adrian Veidt's personal hallucination of God laying judgment on him. The other heroes (aside from being targeted for assassination for being part of the conspiracy) would be motivated at least a little to help preserve the lie that 'caused' world peace (assuming it did), and the whole arc could be an extended rumination on the social impact and value of exposing truth over sustaining diplomatic collusion, which is a timely concern.

5. blob

blob Slug Club Member

Watchmen is one of my fave movies of all time so I'm definitely interested.

That being said, I agree with Celestin - I don't really see much of a connection between the movie and this teaser. Is it based on something or just the setting? The few people I think I recognized look way older (about 20 years or so) so if it's original series it could really go anywhere.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  6. Agayek

Agayek Fourth Champion DLP Supporter

At a guess, it looks like this is set post-movie, and it's about the effects of Rorshach's journal tearing down the new world order Ozymandias established with his "Dr. Manhattan is attacking" scheme. It's hard to say anything concrete, but the cult-esque dudes wearing the Rorshach masks in the opening scream "Adherents to Rorshach's final message", who refuse to accept unification-through-lies and have become terrorists trying to tear it down. The show seems like it'll be following the Watchmen 2.0, the masked vigilantes that crop up to combat them.

7. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm fucking sick of seeing Watchmen getting prequels and sequels and having all this junk attached to it. Leave it the hell alone.

"Modern day reimagining," ugh, that's even worse.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    According to reddit this is going to be set in the graphic novels universe, not the movie one. I'll spoiler what the GN fake threat was in case anyone wants to go and read ahead of the TV show.

So the Big Bad in the backstory was a fake giant, telepathic, alien squid monster that attacked New York.