1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted: Rebuild and Beta an HP FanFic

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Rhaegar I, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

As some of you may know, I recently put a story of mine, "The Yankee Wizard," here. I found out about this Site through a friend of mine, and I figured why not put it on here as well.

I have not realized until I read those comments I am truly a shitty writer.

Which is why I decided to scrape the entire story and start it over from scratch. I already assembled a team of people I can trust to help me out.

My problem is of the four people, three of them are from a different site, and they lack the Standards you all hold yourselves to. And the fourth one, CheddarTrek, told me she is quite busy and won't be available full time. If I want my story to earn a respectable 3/5, I need someone here who understands the meaning of high-quality FanFics and is more than willing to go through every letter of the Chapters before they see the light of day.

So, I figured I would post here and see if someone is interested in helping me in this venture. The only thing I ask is that you have a GMail account, as I will be putting the Chapters on a Google Doc for my little Team to purify in Fire and Blood.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Yeah, I'm really busy with work, beta-reading for various other people, and trying to write my own crap.

I'm mostly happy to give your new outline (and possibly first chapter) a solid look, but after that I'm probably out.

I'd suggest just posting in WbA like you did before, honestly. Wait and see if anyone there really likes your story and wants to read it, and then ask them if they'd be willing to jump on the beta-wagon.