1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Jake96er, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Jake96er

Jake96er First Year

Have You guys heard of this new show coming out on TLC in the U.S? What is this America? What is this? :facepalm

The series follows the Thompson family, focusing on the daily interactions between the family members and June's attempts to enter Alana into beauty pageants. Other focal points in the series involves the teen pregnancy of eldest daughter Anna, Jessica's attempts to lose weight, as well as visits to the Redneck Games and auctions.

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ulVZkYpWPw&feature=related

I myself find this the reason why most country's think of the U.S as fat slobs. These People are like Pigs. Human Pigs.

2. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

I'm reminded of the end of Animal Farm:

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I just feel like they're the American version of the Dursley's....

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The title of this thread made me think of Little Bunny Foo Foo. Has been a while since I remembered that particular melody.

5. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

This shouldn't be aired. It's in poor taste and it makes the US look bad. I can kinda see how people might like to watch this - it's like "Hoarders - Buried Alive" , it makes you feel better about yourself because you're not as bad as them. Still, it's pretty terrible.

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Being from the US(mostly, although I am legally a Brasilian dual-citizen), and not even close to having the creatures in the trailer representative of myself, I can fully agree with your sentiment. Well, the first and last part at least. I wouldn't really care to watch a show simply to feel better about myself due to the misfortune of somebody else.

...okay, that's not completely true. Like most of humanity, I can derive some amusement from the misfortune of others, but I wouldn't want to watch a serial show about such a thing.