1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hermione's obsession with Harry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torol, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Torol

Torol Banned

I get they are best friends but she involves herself in every matter of his including his love life. The DA thing she starts without asking him, firebolt thing, then the half blood prince book, Cho, Romilda Vane. She doesn't even leave him in DH with Ron who she supposedly loves. She always wants to baby sit him about one thing or another. Its honestly obsessive.

2. haphnepls

haphnepls Seventh Year

A better thread would have been Hermione's obsession.

What you're pointing out is just a consequence of who she is as a person. If you clash with it, of course you'd call it obsessive, but from another corner, it's just caring in combo with her character, her expressing it in a way she finds natural. As long as obsessive goes, by definition, this is a rather mild case, so what you're really expressing is dislike towards her character which is perfectly fine, I guess, but put in specific context that you, and many others, find annoying.

Exclude Harmony in filters and be done with it.

3. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

How I wish it were that easy. It's so hard to find a story that doesn't have Hermione in a major role, even if she isn't paired with Harry. She's basically omnipresent. No matter how Harry starts out from a different point or how AU the world is, Hermione's always gonna stick her bushy head in to that train compartment, and keep hovering over Harry's shoulder until forever.

4. Niez

Niez Competition Winner CHAMPION ⭐⭐

I mean, in what realistic universe would Hermione not be obsessed with Harry. M'boy is peak peachy if you know what I mean.

5. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    Yeah man, it's almost like she's a main character in the books or something.

But I've never had any trouble finding fics without her in them so idk.