1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

hey

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by Governor, Jun 29, 2014.

Not open for further replies.
  1. CheddarTrek

CheddarTrek Set Phasers to Melt Moderator DLP Supporter

That's bloody, effing ridiculous.

Yes you are.

/me calls troll.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

(Hint: I am one of the Higher ups.)

3. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Homosexuality isn't a choice and no reasonable person would deign it distasteful.

You, on the other hand, are persisting with behavior that people are clearly irritated by. Look at it this way— you want something from us (to play mafia and take part in discussions) and we want something from you (for you to make some attempt at presenting your contributions in a form of legible English).

That's the exchange. If you don't want to do that, that's fine. Then fuck off.

You can't take without giving.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  4. Governor

Governor Squib

yeah

and i am respecting ur authority by offering to leave if shown the door.

im here mostly for mafia, and though my posts r very half assed english-wise, i play mafia with my full ass

5. Rubicon

Rubicon Professor DLP Supporter

Is this ika? Be honest.

6. Governor

Governor Squib

no, i am new here

7. Rubicon

Rubicon Professor DLP Supporter

Lynch All Liars. :p

8. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Chief Warlock

There's a mafia community here.

There's a significant (but not complete) overlap with the community of the site as a whole.

If you are going to be deliberately antagonistic about refusing to write in a readable manner, then I'd probably suggest playing mafia on a different forum.

Maybe Mafiascum. Standards aren't something that they tend to have.

I fully understand the difficulties of English not being your primary language. If that was the barrier, and you made an honest effort, there would be no issue.

The issue is your preference for a texting shorthand in your typing, which is frankly just being lazy. That has nothing to do with your primary language not being English. And shows a lack of effort, and lack of respect for those you'd be playing and communicating with, who /do/ make that effort.

Playstyle differences can be worked around. Ability to find scum will differ, as will ability to discern mindsets and analyse interaction.

That's okay.

I mean, Ollie has played mafia here, so we aren't exactly holding anyone to a standard in terms of that.

But having some basic respect for the players who do make a baseline of effort to make their text readable is something I'd recommend. Or find somewhere else to play.

I'm not saying this as a moderator of the site (Although I think it is a site rule, too).

But as a player, and as a host - make shit readable. Please.

9. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Folks like CheddarTrek, enembee and Jon have tried their best to make things clear. If he persists, kick him to the curb and be done with it. So far he's offered nothing that shows he belongs here.

10. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

There's that saying about stupidity being more common than antagonism... I suppose it isn't always an either or situation. xD

New guy. Sort your shit out. Write as though every single fucker on this forum were your English teacher. Respect those who have been here longer and heed their advice when they're kind enough to offer it. It's not rocket science.

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Then let's do that.

Closed.

Not open for further replies.