1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Hogwarts Quest - He who was not

Discussion in 'Review Board' started by Ishaq, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Ishaq

Ishaq First Year

Title: He who was not
    https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/a-harry-potter-quest-he-who-was-not.47920/
    Author: Tabula Rasa
    Rating
    : T
    Genre: Quest
    Length: 38k words
    Fandom: HP
    Pairings: None
    Summary: The main character is a young, riddle fascinated Ravenclaw who was created by the player base. He is in the same year as Harry, but it is not a Harry-centric story. The quest started in year 3.

Important fact: It's still early in the game, but there are so few decent HP quests that I thought you guys might want to give it a shot and influence the story while it's fresh.
    The author has a good track record of delivering content.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. s0ng2Sing

s0ng2Sing First Year

Great quest. Avoids most of the trappings of other HP quests by starting in year 3 so you avoid the pitfalls that are found in early quests (Diagon Alley buying sprees, trying to befriend everyone, early metagaming, etc.). Instead the QM started in year 3 and you play as a curious but anti-social Ravenclaw with a passion for mysteries. Another positive of this is that the MC has no ties with Harry, Hermione, or Ron. He is outside their clique which is refreshing in a way.

What really brought me into the quest though has been mysteries, or cases as the QM calls them, that our MC tries to solve. I won't spoil the first, and only one that we have participated in, but he managed to present a pretty horrifying mystery in such a way that it could believably occur under the nose of Albus Dumbledore and the other great teachers of Hogwarts and only be solved by a young student.

4/5 for now. The only real problem I have with it are a few spelling/grammar errors that occur every now and then.

3. Nazgus

Nazgus Minister of Magic

Will check it out, but you put it in the wrong place @Ishaq. WbA is for stuff you're working on, this should go in the Review Board.

Mod should be able to move it though.

4. Ishaq

Ishaq First Year

Thank your for pointing that out! It has been moved now and is finally open for ratings.

5. Nazgus

Nazgus Minister of Magic

Got around to reading it, 4/5 for me. I like the premise and the system, but the MC is antisocial so we're low on fun supporting cast, and it feels like the first big mystery got resolved way too quickly.