1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Hope by Jeconais - T - HP/GD

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Hope
    Author: Jeconais
    Genre: Romance
    Pairing: Harry/Gabrielle
    Rating: Teens
    Chapters: 12
    Words: 202,926
    Updated: May 30, 3007

Summary: A man who is lost in his own country. A girl who needs her mate to survive. A tale of Quidditch and romance, of anger and betrayal, of friendship and enmity. A story of the power of hope.
    Link: Hope

- I really like this story, it's really interesting.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 18, 2012
    Checked By Sorrows: 03/08/2019

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2019
  2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I enjoyed the Malfoy and Snape bashing, but I'm having a hard time really getting into this. It's basically a pure romance fic, at least the way I see it. Romance is good as a peripherial focus in a story, but not as the main attraction.

3. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Just read the first chapter and I must say I really like it. Its true that it is just pure romance but thats okay with me (I am an old softie :oops: )

4. Ohmamamia_mamamia

Ohmamamia_mamamia First Year

I agree the romance is a little to much. Sure I don't mind it, but I am no chick, thus I do not like that much romance in a story. Romance is good in healthy doses. Jecanois went overboard on it.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

lol, well, yes, that's why this is in the "Romance" category...

6. Ohmamamia_mamamia

Yeah but pure romance is well a chick thing. lol. I guess it is a romance but the romance makes it too errrrr Romancy. Wow I sound really dumb.

7. Ohmamamia_mamamia

After finishing the story(up-to-date) I must cinclude that that this story is a very good one if not great story. As long as it remains Harry/Gabrielle this story is fine. I see no way she can screw up the pairings. Or else the contiunty of the book will be shot. This is a great Harry/Garbrielle pairing.

8. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Well, nice little fluff is good from time to time. And this is about as stereotypical as you can get so she's got her work cut out for her. But she's done a very good job with already. You can really tell she's working to build up Gabrielle's character, which so far I find excellent.

Personally, I'm taking it in because I would probably use his story for inspiration (not plagerizing of course) because I'm still not sure how to portray the Gabrielle in my story. I already got the resident play toy and domintrax (kind of).

9. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

I’ve been following this since Jecanois started it, and even if it is heavy on the romance aspect, you are forewarned and should be able to take it as such. If not, small doses would work I guess.

Personally, I like the story and how both Harry and Gabrielle are portrayed. And I admit, that for a guy, Jacanois writes some of the best if not tolerable romance out there, both because it is not overbearing or smothering, and usually has a nice steady plot with action or humor to balance of the mushiness.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Yeah, lol, I first thought the Jeconais was a girl when I started reading a fic of his a while ago. Shocked me when I realized that a guy was writing all the romance.

11. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

I know what you mean. It too me completely by surprise, I wouldn’t have known that a guy could be so fluffy when writing until that day. Indeed, maybe ill even consider asking him for advice when I have to plan a romantic date or some shit like that, he either has some experience in the matter or has a very good imagination for it.

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

He's a guy? But... but he's writing all the love scenes from the female POV!

He must be gay or shemale or his girlfriend's writing those scenes or something. No way he's an ordinary straight guy if he's writing that shit on his own.

13. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

or maybe he's just very much in touch with his *cough* feminine side? How the hell should I know? lol. :roll:

14. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

No, he's not a guy. He's married.

It's a completely different thing.

That which makes him a man still exists. It just doesn't belong to him.

Married people can write romance. Guys on the other hand can barely recognize romance when they step in it. And those that try to write romance, must be gay. Proven scientific fact.

Though, for my two cents, Jeconais can write completely fluffy happy romance, and I still like reading it. There's not another author who can write romance and not make me want to shave my eyeballs or give some puppies in a pillowcase a crash course in swimming.

15. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Agreed. I've seldom found a good romance story that didn’t make me want to puke after the first few paragraphs. Jeconais is, and will continue to be the exception in my book. The fact that he’s married answers a lot of questions, and thus is excused from things that normal guy’s can’t get away with.

In any case, I’ve read a lot of his fic’s, but I wish he hadn’t abandoned a couple of stories that were really original when he first posted them. Alas, life isn’t fair, they say,

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I'm not buying it. For christs sake people, when he's describing kisses, he's writing them from the girl's point of view!!! No one can be THAT whipped. Not to mention the number of words he's wasting on descriptions of dresses and ways to do hair and makeup and some girl's feelings and... and... No! I simply refuse to beleive that he's male... and straight... and not on artificial hormones.

17. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

What if his wife helps him? Maybe he has teenage daughters thus making him a bit more informed on these things. He could be old enough to be secure in his masculinity...*cough*...he could be your old mans age. Wait, no, that would make him a pedophile.

Ok, so I give up. Someone should just invite him to the site so he can be interrogated properly.

*Takes out his kitchenware and a sharpening stone*

18. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Haha, you mean you never tried to play with a girl's hair? Some girls really dig that stuff, depending on the kind of girl of course. You should try it. Almost like petting them :lol: Of course, just remember that means they think it's ok to play with your hair as well. :roll:

In any case, I agree that he's overloading on the descrptions at times, and I think that could indicate a male that's trying to overcompensate by writing in as much mushy moments as possible. Then there's the matter o his betas. Assuming they are real, did you see how MANY FEMALE betas he has? You can bet Jeconais, male or not would be influenced. Heck, I'm thankful enough that they have even kept Harry's alpha male image.

19. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

See, I didnt remember about the harem of beta's that he has. And here I am, without a single one. Lucky bastard. :?

20. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, it's OK to get informed from his wife/daughter/female betas about female psychology.

But it's DEFINITELY NOT OK when it's the central point of his stories and where there's no male psychology at all. His Harry's characters are just too perfect from girls point of view to be written by a guy. I mean he's honest and rough on the outside but gentle on the inside and inexperienced but still great lover and considerate and ... AGH! It's like a shopping list of some 14 year old teen!

It's OK to mention girl's dress and hair and makeup and discuss feelings and try and write romance from female's POV...

But it's not OK for a guy to fill 90% of his writtings with this stuff.

I'm standing by my original assesment, HE is a SHE or a very disturbed HE. Or she's just playing a joke inventing a fake male indentity. Maybe she's a girl obsessed with being a guy. But DEFINITELY NOT a straight male.